“Just ghastly.”
Review of Watertable

Reserve with OpenTable
Watertable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 2,108 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Cross street: South Street
Description: Fresh. Local. Seasonal. Inspired by the region's farms and waters, our Baltimore fine dining restaurant features an all-natural menu that brings stylish twists to each season's finest ingredients for a fresh take on American flavor with Chesapeake style.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Given that this is in a Renaissance Hotel (and priced accordingly), it's shocking how bad this place is. The crab soup is unappetizing on all counts. Food preparation is the greatest shortcoming: it's just not competent. The decor resembles a hotel renovating its real restaurant and making-do by putting tables in a big empty room. Service was OK, but I noticed that the waitress did not stop by to ask how the meal was. She's an insider, after all! The place was next-to-empty when we were there. They just need to start over.

renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Watertable, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. My apologies for your dissatisfaction with our restaurant. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our crab chowder. It is our most popular item on the menu. Again, thank you for your review. We rely on your feedback to help us improve.

Pam Saleh

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The service was excellent; the food very good; the prices a bit presumptuously high. Why they wrote a tip smaller than the service was worth into the check I do not know.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

As my brother and his wife were in from CA, my sister and her husband came over from Potomac, and we drove over from the head of The Bay to this central spot. It is easy to find, though I do not recall Pratt Street being one way East. We all found fine, dry, warm parking under the hotel. Up to the lobby by elevator, and we were quickly and politely sent to the 5th floor dining room facing HarborPlace. We sat at a table that overlooked the "Constellation."
My sister and brother's wife each opted for a brunch buffet @ not quite 1 P.M. My brother had chosen scrambled eggs, redskin potatoes, and bacon. They all went for seconds, and claimed the fruit plates they created were scrumptious.
My wife, and my sister's husband, each had the restaurant's Watertable Salad, with a balsamic flavored house dressing. He also chose the fried calamari for himself.
I chose the fried calamari, though my wife got into it for several samples. I'd made a fuss that they didn't plan to serve it with the little seafood forks, asking how was I expected to eat it, ". . . with my fingers?" Aha! The waitress showed up a minute, after the calamari was presented by someone from the kitchen, with four (4) proper tiny tined seafood forks. Neat service, what?
I must remark that the marinara sauce for the dish was a fine blend of tomatoes and other veggies with just enough pepper to make it interesting. It was not at all the expected ketchup with horseradish one has been trained to expect. A welcome surprise!
I also had their grilled chicken breast sandwich with a fried pickle, tomatoes, and lettuce with tangy mayonnaise. It was a tad heavier than I'd expected, but that was probably due to the bread being slapped into butter on the grill. Otherwise, a fine sandwich. I was the only one of us six to order a diet cola drink; everyone else stuck with water.
It surprised me that the hotel restaurant wrote into the check a tip of 18%. The service was surely worth 20%, but since they put it on the bill I paid it as written. Six meals, taxes, and tip: just short of $150. Not bad, I'm just glad that as the elder brother I brought along my plastic to pay for the group!
Following the meal we wandered a bit around the 5th floor. There was a marvelous, large and airy, well-lit ballroom being prepared for some event. The workers allowed as how we six might sit quietly at a corner table (not yet dressed) for eight. At three, after chat that caught us up on events, (we'd not seen one another for about eight years), a managerial sort of fellow came over to say they needed to begin putting the table settings together. We left quietly.
A few minutes later, my wife and I drove home as I do not care to drive after dusk. My brother and his wife had been invited to stay at my sis' place with them, so those two couples stayed to chat a while longer in the hotel. They planned a visit to Walter's Art Gallery over by the Washington Monument. They were going to walk, but as it had snowed and my brother lost a leg while in the Navy, the hotel called them a cab. Again, thoughtful service? Yes!

All in all, a very relaxed, quiet time in pleasant surroundings. We'd used this hotel and restaurant previously for my dad's 90th birthday around Y2K. It is slightly rearranged, but just as welcoming as ever!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was actually the restaurant in my hotel (the Renaissance Harborplace) where I had dinner the night I arrived as I had heard good things about it and was too tired to go anywhere further. I ordered the Maryland crab cakes as they are a local speciality. They were delicious - I was expecting a crispy breadcrumb coating but instead the cakes were soft, and they tasted delicious. I had very good service, though there were hardly any diners in the restaurant so I had the staff's full attention. It's also well worth coming here for the view over the harbour. There weren't a huge amount of choices on the menu and it's not cheap - I paid $32 (about £20), for just the crabcakes, which came with fries, and the tip (I only drank tap water).

1  Thank Smileycat16
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband made us reservations here for brunch during our anniversary getaway to Inner Harbor. We were really excited to see the beautiful views from this location. We got a window table and were not disappointed at all with our harbor view. We decided on the brunch buffet which turned out to be a bad choice. Most of the food lacked flavor, and the coffee tasted like old stale hotel coffee. I did end up getting an omelet from the omelet station that was good, and they had two different smoothies to sample which were both yummy as well. The staff/service was on the slow side. If we were to go again, we would probably order off the menu and skip the buffet.