“Special wings”

Cuisines: American, Pub, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

You gotta try the wings. They were great along with the olive boat. The sevice was fast, attentive and perfect. The food was hot and good.We even ordered more wings!

1  Thank tkasper3

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were looking for a place to meet with friends that would not break the bank. I had been to Rocket to Venus before so I suggested it to the others in my party. They were not disappointed. We went on a Wed night when they have 1/2 price on selected bottles of wine (so $10/btl) and we started off with 3 excellent small plate appetizers (the perogi, the gnocchi and the brussel sprouts) All excellent choices. Then the men had the Cuban sandwiches and the women both had the Banh Mi but with catfish instead of the normal pate'. Everyone loved their sandwiches. The bill was $80ish. So it was easy on the pocketbook as well. I think we all agreed that we will make a date to come back soon.

1  Thank stevec3230
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've had the gamut of good food, bad service here. Most times, the food has been good although I don't really feel the menu selection is for everyone - is it meant to be bar food or is it aiming to be more?

1  Thank Sujata410
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went with the family to this restaurant before going to see the miracle on 34th street lighting. The entire experience wasn't good. Waiter was ok.....didnt provide the best of service (it wasnt even that busy in there) and rarely came to check on the table.....everyone got burgers except my mom and i she got the grilled cheese which had bread as hard as a rock.....my salad was good tho... When the burgers came out the waiter couldn't remember what burger went where and one of the came out wrong.....I didnt want to rate it a poor because it wasnt a horrible exp but i can say i wont be back.....

One thing i found very odd is the kitchen was open and you could see into it when you went to the mens room (which was disgusting btw and smelled horrible) and in my exp when a restaurant has their kitchen open to the public they keep it clean a tidy......well when i looked in there it looked extremely dirty and not well maintained......grossed me out. sadly this was after i ate my food.......

Could have been a nice place....and a place i would have gone back to because i normally like locally owned and operated businesses......This one i will not be back to.

The only positive thing about the entire exp was the french fries!!! they were awesome but it didnt make up for the rest of the meal sadly :(

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This spot in Hampden is extremely hipster. Throw on your skinny black jeans with your gothic jacket and die your hair pink on one side and blue on the other and you'll feel right at home at this quirky bar.

Pros:
*Burger night on Monday - burger/beer for $7
*Wood bar is cool
*Artwork exhibits are neat

Cons:
*Way too dark
*Hipster service (it can be amazing if they like you, or ...)
*Bartenders are often spotty

1  Thank Michael B