“Great for kids and adults”

Maryland Science Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Baltimore Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #16 of 226 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular museum is located in Harborplace.
Northern Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great for kids and adults”
Reviewed February 19, 2005

We went to the Science Center with our almost-3-yr-old and 4-yr-old. They both loved it. There were just so many hands-on things that they could "play" with. The kids room kept them entertained for a long time but even the regular exhibits had interactive components that the kids enjoyed. My husband and I found lots of very cool exhibits to keep us interested too.

This place was a bigger hit than the aquarium for my kids. During the Dolphin Show at the aquarium they asked to go home, but we had to drag them out of the Science Center.

11 Thank Lisa H

• Korean first
New England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Science Center good for kids”
Reviewed April 19, 2004

We had fun at the children's section on the Baltimore Science Center. There was a water display where children can wear aprons and play, a little ship to climb complete with a galley, story hour, and many other displays. We did not go to the IMAX because we were with a 2 year old, but they had many showings that looked interesting.There is a Planetatium that had a show where local High School students had composed poetry in response to the Hubble Spacecraft photography that was interesting.Much of the museum was under construction so we missed out on many exhibits. The other exhibits were getting fairly crowded with all the school field trips which made viewing them difficult. I think the earlier you get there, the better.Bring food or eat at the many restaurants-DO NOT EAT THE FOOD there-I cannot tell you how terrible it was-even my non-picky husband threw the chicken sandwich out! No simple choices like bagels, yougart, etc..

10 Thank theroadlesstravelled
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great for kids of all ages!”
Reviewed January 26, 2004

What an amazing place! I had 4 children with me, ages ranging from 2 to 13, had to drag every single one of them away from this museum at the end of the day. They loved the planetarium, and were thrilled with "The Sky Above Mr Roger's Neighborhood!" The 3rd floor was the highlight of our entire stay in Baltimore for most of the kids-you can't miss it!
It's difficult to find a place where kids of such a big age range can enjoy themselves, and this is it! From the water play center, to the submarines, to sending each other messages in magic tubes, every exhibit was clean, well-maintained, and FUN!!! After 2 hours, I finally started trying to drag them out to see the rest of the place, which was also great. I have to say that the other 2 floors were better for the older kids, but even the youngest liked looking at the beautiful displays, and found some areas of interest, such as driving a miniature Mars rover by remote control and playing with a kids computer. I can't say enough about how wonderful this was!

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member