“A young scientist's dream!!”

Maryland Science Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Baltimore Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #17 of 245 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular museum is located in Harborplace.
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I went there once when I was in high school in Baltimore. My group went into the Imax Theatre. We went inside the gift shop. I bought some crystals and a mood ring. :) We ate at the food court and we saw the dinosaurs. :) Awesome, right? :)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Many of the exhibits are the same as when I was a kid (25 years ago), but their visiting exhibits, IMAX, kid's room and dinosaurs are a huge draw. Both my toddlers as well as my school-age nephews love it.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our boys, 6 and 8, enjoy visiting the Maryland Science Center but don't ask to go back often, unlike the Baltimore Aquarium and Sports Legends Museum. Many of the exhibits are interactive but also require a significant amount of reading to understand them. While reading is certainly not an issue on a busy day with kids racing around and/or crowding around the opportunity to read the entire exhibit is not usually possible. Overall, a good time but I feel like we get more bang for our buck at the aquarium.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I will never go to this place again. I had a terrible experience with another visitor, who verbally and almost physically assaulted me in front of my 3 year old son after her child came after my son. Everyone just sat there and witnessed her berate me in public like a deranged lunatic and did nothing. I told management immediately but the only thing they did was give me a card to return again. They did not handle it appropriately; the police and/or security should have been called. It is not in a safe area; hopefully this was an isolated incident, but be forewarned. They do not have appropriate security measures in place. Do not go to this museum unless you plan on being prepared to deal with the likes of the Baltimore population.

2  Thank blueoasis24
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Has a lot of interesting exhibits. Lot of hands on and engaging activities. The dinosaur exhibit is nice. The planetarium show is okay. Tickets not very cheap. Recommended for science students.
Stay away from the cafeteria - totally overpriced. The kitchen seemed incapable of handling large crowds. They totally froze, made a burger with only the pattie - no lettuce, nothing !