“very disaspointing”

and up
Baltimore Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #17 of 245 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular museum is located in Harborplace.
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I visited the Maryland Science Center and found it very disapointing. First there are no signs at the Center telling you where to park. We eventually parked in a car park where 4 hours cost $27!

Then we found that the Center was very small and alot of the exhibits that you press or touch were not working / broken.

Their security staff are their biggest problem as they are ill-informed about what sections of the Center are on which floors and in some cases just plain rude and clearly need some form of customer relation training.

Above all though we found that we could walk though the entire Center in an hour - the dinosaur section was only the size of an average sized home - but at least some of the exhibits worked!

Certainly not worthy of the name of Science Center.

2  Thank Alan777Dallas

Reviewed November 27, 2007

Our family (my husband and I, along with our three sons - ages 12, 7 and 2) recently went to Baltimore during part of our holiday getaway. We went to the Science Center and it was definitely worth the admission price. It was the only time during the trip that the three boys played well together, without fighting or wresting (which usually results in injuries and crying); it was a blast. Unfortunately, the two year-old had been up sick the night before, so my husband and I were exhausted - so much so that we "robbed" the kids of the third floor and actually left "early." Thankfully, by that point, we had been there for almost three hours, so the boys were getting pretty tired themselves and didn't resist much...welll, not too much! :-)

I would definitely recommend this stop on your visit!

2  Thank riqui1
Reviewed November 27, 2007

What can I say: it was a great time.

We spent an afternoon at the Science Center during a mini-vacation with our two kids in November, 2007.

A Planetarium, an IMAX theater, and hours of interesting displays make the MSC a definite stop during any trip to Baltimore.

I would even recommend it to those without kids. They really had stuff for children of all ages

2  Thank Buzliteyear
Reviewed September 3, 2007

How many places can you take your kids (with a significant age difference) and they both have a ball? Well, we've found this one - the Maryland Science Center. We recently took our two kids - ages 7 and 1 - and they both had a ball and played themselves out. And, what we liked best, is that they were learning as they were playing - it wasn't mindless fun (although that can be good too)! Great value for your money!

5  Thank TravelMom_Bowie
Reviewed February 13, 2007

I have visited the Maryland Science Center countless times and I haven't yet had a dissapointing visit. The attractions, such as a walk through of space, some cool exhibits about the human body, a huge area with all sorts of things to do, and much more, are always exciting. There is usually a large traveling exhibit at the center, which the last time I was there it was about the Titanic.

Here's a tip: Don't miss the IMAX movies, especially the 3-D ones. I recommend Deep Sea 3-D, which shows you how all kinds of sealife in 3-dimension.

Overall, I will continue to come here and enjoy the exhibits.

7  Thank travelguy101