“Nice museum”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice museum”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I liked the Renaissance Collections in the Walters Museum. This museum is free. I spent most of my time looking at this collection. I will have to make another visit to check out the rest of the museum. Most of the art museums I have visited in the US do not have European collections as large as the Walters Museum. I did not recognize a lot of the Reniassance artisits on display but enjoyed the art.

Visited September 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Always a pleasure. ”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The Walters is a wonder!! We have been 3 times, always with our very young son. He was in awe each time, his imagination captured by something different. On our last visit, we did the scavenger type seek and find. Brilliant! So engaging. It is a great way for adults to explore as well. The best part? We were able to enjoy the art as a family.
The range and selection is incredible. Do not miss this museum. It does not disappoint.

Medford, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great free museum”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wonderful and eclectic exhibits! And free! I especially enjoyed the global exhibitions. It is certainly worth visiting and can be seen in a couple of hours. I don't understand why anyone would pay for the temporary exhibition when the permanent free exhibits are exquisite.

Visited October 2013
Mid Atlantic
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Baltimore's "Metropolitan Museum" -- and GREAT for families”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My favorite museum in Baltimore! With collections spanning 3000 years and from around the globe, the Walters is virtually a mini-Met but not quite as large. My favorite room is the Collector's Cabinet, where you feel as if you're visiting the grandfather of Indiana Jones who has all kinds of cool things he's collected in his travels. My children (all boys) love this place. There are great activities for kids and it's free.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Momma23boyz
Honolulu
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Selection of Art”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Free admission. Great selection of art ranging from Asia, Europe, and Middle East. Plenty examples of renaissance art and Egyptian items. Especially enjoyed the armored soldiers examples. Highly recommend!

Visited October 2013