Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Don’t Be Fooled By Outside Appearances

This place has a variety of stores, vendors and food inside. It doesn’t look grand or very... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2019
FamBam2007
Edinburg, Texas
Not so bad

Lexington Market is not all bad. You can get really good seafood or just about anything you want... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2020
melvinm774
United States

Recommended experiences in and around Baltimore
from $15.00
from $151.48
from $75.00
from $190.00
More Info
All reviews crab cakes raw bar soul food great food berger
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2009

being born in Baltimore, i have been to Lexington Market NUMEROUS times. My Dad and I would stop in, get some oysters, count the pig heads, get a deli sandwich, then always grab a couple bags of fresh roasted peanuts and head to an Orioles game. I was 8 then. It has gone a little downhill since then, i wouldnt recommend the elevator, but i would recommend the market itself. Every trip there is unique. Its unlike most other markets I've been to in other states. I would also recommend an Orioles game. Happy travels.

4  Thank pyrogeneral
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I live in Baltimore County, I`m not that old, however I have been to Lexington Market countless times. It is a very seedy place honestly & from the time I was younger, I never felt safe in that place. There is a lot going on. They have some pretty good food but I am not too sure about their sanitation. Last year around this time, I bought some Shrimp Fried Rice from one of the vendors, & about an hour later, I broke out in hives! It really surprised me, but I couldn`t think to expect anything more. Maybe if they actually cleaned Lexington Market up, people of good moral standing would visit more often, but more often than not, it is filled with very questionable people. Thank God I have never been robbed, but it isn`t a safe place at all. It makes me feel very uncomfortable.

6  Thank fortunate90
Reviewed March 12, 2009

When I visit other cities, I like to go to the places where the locals go. Sometimes they might be off the beaten path or not in an ideal neighborhood but, they are usually where I have the best, most authentic experiences. People who work in Baltimore don't eat at Harbor Place, they often eat in the city markets. Lexington market is the largest and best known. At lunch time it is bustling with people from U of MD and other business which surround it. Most Fridays (and I think Saturdays) there is live music. The choice of food is amazing. My husband thinks that Parks makes the best fried chicken in town but you could sample the numerous fried chicken stands in the market. You must try the cookies at Bergers with the chocolate icing on the top, a true Baltimore delicacy. Faidleys ships crab cakes around the country but I also like their raw bar. Go to Lexington Market for lunch. You can go to a chain restaurant at home.

5  Thank 0106
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Four of us went to Lexington Market in search of breakfast after being tempted by the Omelet Slideshow, based on the name alone. What we found was not a restaurant but a marketplace on the questionable side of town. There are a number of stands inside the market, but it appears that many of them contain the same or very similar food.

One of my friends did not feel too comfortable after spotting the sign indicating that the area was being videotaped for our "comfort and safety". The only patrons that interacted with me asked if there was something I was looking for, and was fairly nice. Another friend indicated that ten years from now, everyone will remember the breakfast we had at the Lexington Market and questioned if that would be true if we went to some boring old place that had restaurant luxuries like sanitation, waitstaff, or chairs. The fourth person in our group deemed it a great adventure.

Bottom line, the place feels like it has a seedy undertone to it, but we got out of there without getting sick or having any issues.

5  Thank Nittany93
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I live in the suburbs of Baltimore City and was near the Lexington Market area and decided to stop in. I was browsing the many stands when a cheese cake caught my eye. I decided to purchase a 1/2 cherry cheese cake from the Bergers Cake and Cookie stand.

When I arrived home, I decided to take a slice immediatedly. I was dissapointed to bite into a cake that was frozen and frost bitten! as I was anxious to take this back to the vendor, I decided to wait until the next day when the cake thawed, maybe it wouldn't have such a refrigerated taste. It tasted worst than before, so I decided to brave the icy conditions and return it. Simple transaction right? Wrong!

I asked to speak with the manager and I explained to her what I had purchased. She immediately called me a liar, abnoxiously dismissed my conplaint, and told me to "get outta here you lyin [----]." Wow, I didn't deserve that! I even kept my cool! I tried to file a formal complaint but was told that each vendor decides how they will handle their own complaints, and that there wasn't much that anyone could do!! Is there a corporate office for formal complaints, I trully did not deserve this!

7  Thank bpolite2u