“Ernie makes it interesting”

Bromo Seltzer Tower
Ranked #58 of 248 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Baltimore's unique landmark tower erected by the inventor of Bromo Seltzer.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Even my 8 & 11 year old stayed interested during the presentation before we headed up to the clock tour due to our guide Ernie’s enthusiasm! Interesting history of both Bromo Seltzer, the founder and the tower and seeing the inside of the tower was neat.
There is an elevator to the 11th floor and the “ship stairs” were not to steep for anyone in our party ranging from age 8 to 70s

All reviews
"artists"
in 20 reviews
"pendulum"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After looking up at the clocks so many times in my life, I finally found myself behind the faces, in the clock room atop this historic tower. The clock mechanism itself has been beautifully restored, and is a marvel of precision. The original wooden hands from 1912 or so, are mounted inside next to the pendulum. The views from the top aren't all that good, but it's Baltimore, ya know? If you like art deco, and old hand-operated elevators, this tour is a must while in Charm City.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I visited with my mom and eleven year old daughter. We visited all of the levels so that we could see the art and we talked with some of the artists. The tour starts with an approximately 20 minutes presentation (little ones might get bored) that covers an interesting history of the bromoseltzer product, it’s developer, and the tower. Then we rode a few floors up in the antique elevator to see the clock tower. The clock tower is very cool and worth a trip even if you’re not into history.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I have lived in Baltimore for 50 years and have never went up the tower. So my husband and I walked in and signed up for a tour to go behind the clocks. It was well worth the $8/person ticket. Ernie was our tourguide and he was super knowledgable about the history of the Bromo Seltzer blue bottles and Emerson who started the process. He gave a 20 minute slide show then we went up to the top. The whole experience was about 40 minutes. The rest of the floors in the tower are for artists. Lots of paintings and photographs on the walls.