Review Highlights
One amazing clock,15 floors of beautiful art,Beautiful collection of Cobalt Blue bottles made in Baltimore Five Stars

Best place to visit in Baltimore on a Saturday,This place has everything,One amazing... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2018
Daddioski
Great tour and history of Baltimore!

We had a great history session by the endearing, witty tour guide and curator, Ernie. The... read more

Reviewed November 10, 2018

from $92.97
from $65.00
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews clock room original elevator inner workings clock tour slide show interesting history small fee great tour charm city ernie emerson landmark cobalt artists pendulum collection founded
Reviewed May 25, 2018

After looking up at the clocks so many times in my life, I finally found myself behind the faces, in the clock room atop this historic tower. The clock mechanism itself has been beautifully restored, and is a marvel of precision. The original wooden hands from 1912 or so, are mounted inside next to the pendulum. The views from the top aren't all that good, but it's Baltimore, ya know? If you like art deco, and old hand-operated elevators, this tour is a must while in Charm City.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I visited with my mom and eleven year old daughter. We visited all of the levels so that we could see the art and we talked with some of the artists. The tour starts with an approximately 20 minutes presentation (little ones might get bored) that covers an interesting history of the bromoseltzer product, it’s developer, and the tower. Then we rode a few floors up in the antique elevator to see the clock tower. The clock tower is very cool and worth a trip even if you’re not into history.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed April 23, 2018

I have lived in Baltimore for 50 years and have never went up the tower. So my husband and I walked in and signed up for a tour to go behind the clocks. It was well worth the $8/person ticket. Ernie was our tourguide and he was super knowledgable about the history of the Bromo Seltzer blue bottles and Emerson who started the process. He gave a 20 minute slide show then we went up to the top. The whole experience was about 40 minutes. The rest of the floors in the tower are for artists. Lots of paintings and photographs on the walls.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Lispony
Reviewed March 23, 2018

I have lived in Baltimore for over three years, and never once stopped here!. I SEE it everyday as I walk around the city...but t actually go inside and learn the history was FASCINATING. There is history here, as well as places for artists to display their work. Each floor is a different sort studio/gallery. There is the original elevator from when the building was first constructed...as well as a REALLY great guided tour up to the clock tower!! Yes, the BROMO SELTZER you are thinking about....in the blue bottle....IS WHAT THIS PLACE WAS!! How neat to see the inner mechanics of the clock tower. All in all a great afternoon...WELL WORTH a visit!

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Holly S
Reviewed February 4, 2018

For a small fee and on Saturdays only, you can listen to the history of the Bromo Seltzer tower, tour the structure, see the artifacts in the private collection AND climb to the clock tower and see this amazing time piece from the inside. Wonderful!! You should definitely bring your camera for this one. The elevator in the building also has historic significance so its a win-win!! Would recommend you add this attraction to your plans anytime you are downtown. Walking distance to stadiums and harbor but plenty of parking around.

Date of experience: January 2018