“Crowded and pretty standard for a big city aquarium.”
Review of National Aquarium

National Aquarium
Ranked #4 of 237 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered one of the world's best aquariums, the National Aquarium's mission is to inspire conservation of the world's aquatic treasures. It champions environmental initiatives by engaging with visitors, volunteers, education groups and schools to actively participate in the preservation of the world's natural resources and living systems. The National Aquarium delivers meaningful experiences through its living collection of more than 17,000 animals from more than 750 species of fish, birds, amphibians, reptiles, marine mammals and sharks, as well as through exclusive behind-the-scenes experiences like sleepovers and tours, science-based education programs and hands-on experiences in the field.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went to the aquarium on a Sunday, and it was pretty mobbed. The displays are not designed to accommodate a large number of viewers. One of the escalators was broken, and I'm not sure how those with mobility problems got past that section. I think I'd go out of my way to avoid this place on a weekend day and visit during the week or with a tour.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

A beautiful aquarium with many things to see-one of the best on the east coast!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I interned here, and now am a member. It never gets old for me. My boys love it here (ages 7/8) - a great stop for anyone visiting Baltimore. I'm told it is one of the better Aquariums in the country. Having been to a few others, I do agree!

Colleen D, Public Relations Representative at National Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Thank you for this terrific review and for being a member of the National Aquarium! Thank you, also, for the time that you spent interning with us. We are glad to hear that you and your boys enjoy your visits!

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We visited this aquarium and enjoyed it. In my opinion it's not as grand as the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, but it was waaaay better than the one in Tampa. It's small enough so that you can see everything in an afternoon. The displays are very modern and distinctive. The building is beautiful inside and out. The Wings in the Water exhibit was cool and the Shark exhibit was awesome.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I went with friends in the spring and we had well educated time learning about the sharks and related species. It is a must do if you are travelling to Baltimore. WE enjoyed it