“Skimping on the Shrimp?”

Luna Del Sea Steak & Seafood Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Luna Del Sea Steak & Seafood Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Howard St.
Transit: light rail at Pratt & Howard Street. One block from Camden Yards,3 blocks from M&T stadium and 25feet from the Baltimore Convention Center, 1 block away 1st Mariner arena
Description: Luna Del Sea Steak & Seafood Bistro is celebrating 10 years of providing Baltimore with great food, service & atmosphere. Convenient to the Convention Center, Oriole Park, M&T Stadium & a few blocks to the Inner Harbor. Luna Del Sea is proud to offer the highest quality of fresh ingredients. Our menu focuses on fresh ingredients prepared daily made to order and executed with finesse. We offer a menu guaranteed to please any palate from light fair lunch items such as fresh sandwiches, salads and pastas and upscale pub fare to elegant fine dining classics such as free range poultry, beef, fresh seafood entrees & nostalgic pasta entrees. We offer a wide variety of settings to cater to your dining needs such as an elegant white tablecloth dining room, a casual and comfortable outdoor seating area, an intimate patio and elegant ballroom.
Bladensburg, Maryland
“Skimping on the Shrimp?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ordered the broiled combination but I don't eat scallops. The server recommended substituting more shrimp. Great idea! Except she didn't mention I wouldn't get the same shrimp as the others that come with the platter. I was given what looked to be frozen mini shrimp. In additon they were cold and didn't taste good.

Luckily the server allowed me to remove them from my check.

The crab cake was good, but compared to others I had in Baltimore I would say it was not the best I've had.

The service however was great.

Visited March 2013

Hong Kong, China
“They killed the nice ingredients!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The ingredients were fresh but We seriously wonder if they can really cook properly! It was rather overpriced for food that is not up to par.

Arlington, Virginia
“Not worth the big bucks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was staying near the Convention Center and this place was close by, so I ate here. Wish I had read all the reviews beforehand. The ones that say it's not worth the money are dead right. Yes, it really was a good crab cake -- about the size of a tennis ball and jam-packed with tasty crab. But nothing else we ate was noteworthy. It's basically an ordinary Italian restaurant with big-city prices. My pasta with an unexceptional tomato sauce and a few overcooked shrimp was $28. Atmosphere is okay, wait staff seemed happy (who wouldn't be, getting 15-20 percent off these hefty tabs) but I would not eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
Seattle
“Crab Cakes $44!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I read the reviews on the restaurant and they said the crab cakes were good. I tried it. the menu had no prices. Back came the bill with the crab cakes at $44. Definitely not worth it. They have a lot of crab, but there is no sauce and they were pretty bland. Service was not so great. they brought out my dinner but I had no silverware and had to flag them down. This place screams absentee management.

1 Thank 2dman
Chicago, Illinois
“Business Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Was in Baltimore for business this past week at the Hilton Baltimore. One of our colleagues was receiving a very high honor/award Friday night so our company was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate her great achievement. I was looking online at reviews but we had a lot of factors to play into our restaurant selection. I couldn't do it all on my own, so I spoke with the Hilton's concierge, Jennifer, she was able to give me a couple ideas and selections. Since we were not sure of the number of people eating with us (we just had a rough estimate), we were looking for an easy location to the convention center/Hilton hotel, price (since we didn't know how many people were attending), food quality (of course), and most importantly Lenten options for our meal.

Jennifer (from Hilton) contacted Therese (Theresa? - forgive me) at Luna who said she would be able to work with us on creating a special meal plan/option for our group and keep it within our price point. She took down the basic information I had (number of people, time of arrival, my name and number) and told me she would talk with Kevin about our options and contact me in a couple hours. Kevin called me back in the afternoon with a whole menu prepared for us. We decided to do family style with salad, pastas, seafood, dessert and wine. Since we were honoring a colleague Luna put us in the back banquet room - which was perfect for our group. We were able to give speeches and honor our colleague without interrupting other patrons dinners. It was also a more intimate feel, especially serving the family style compared to being placed in the middle of the restaurant. We also ended up having more people than expected so we had enough room to spill onto other tables.

The food was excellent - house salad with various dressing options, bread, numerous pastas with shrimp and scallops and a fruit / cheesecake plate for dessert. Everything tasted great!! We didn't have to worry about selecting the food or Lenten options- everything was already prepared for us, so we were able to relax and enjoy!

The best part about Luna would be its workers, especially Kevin and Therese (Theresa? - again forgive me). They went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure our group's needs were accommodated and were very flexible with adjusting some aspects of our needs - even while we were already at the restaurant! They understood our needs and adjusted everything to make Luna a perfect fit for us. Kevin was also very attentive to details from beginning when contacting me on the arrangements to serving us. He made sure wine was always full, food was fresh and being passed around and would bring out more of the ''favorite'' options.

We had a WONDERFUL time and will definitely be back next time we travel to Baltimore! Thank you again Kevin for your wonderful service!!

1 Thank AmandaM89_15