WINNER WONDERLAND

Blue Door on Baltimore
Ranked #6 of 14 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
“My Favorite Bed and Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at bed and breakfasts regularly for work, and this is one of my all-time favorites. Beyond the hospitality, the beds are crazily comfortable, the turndown service is a lovely touch, and breakfast is delectable! I feel like I can really and truly relax when I'm here, which is nice when I'm traveling on business!

2 Thank SEWhit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Blue Door several times during the past year, and we are always delighted by the spotless rooms with their wonderful Baltimore views, the attention to little details including fresh fruit and cookies each night, along with fabulously prepared and varied breakfasts by Roger who is a gourmet chef and loves to tell stories about the neighborhood. It's just a short walk to Patterson Park which has the highest elevation in the city, with one of my favorite restaurants--the Morning Edition--nearby. My wife and I plan to continue to stay at the Blue Door during our future visits to Baltimore.

Room Tip: The Washburn room is the biggest and easiest to navigate, and the Patterson room has a balcony overl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank StevenJonKaplan
Beeston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in town for a conference and stayed here rather than in the conference hotel. My room was lovely and spacious as was the bathroom. The bed was also very comfortable. Snacks on the pillow were great and I was grateful for the room robe, bathrobe and other additions to make the guest comfortable. The caretaker hosts were also pleasant and food for breakfast was generally good. A bit of a detraction for me was the fact that there was no coffee in the room. I was suffering from jetlag which meant being up and around at odd times in the early morning and because I was in the Hampstead room this meant creeping downstairs in the middle of the night (probably not such a problem for the rooms below).

Room Tip: Hampstead room was lovely with a balcony at the back, but it is at the top of the house and one floo...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Johanna B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I visited for a cold weekend in Baltimore while the proprietors were away. We stayed on the second floor. We enjoyed the well-lit room, the nice sheets, spacious bathroom, and nightly baked treats. The breakfast room was a little more frilly, but breakfast was delicious and perfectly apportioned. There was a cute house cat that we wish we could have seen more often. Neighborhood is quiet but walkable to restaurants etc in Fells Point (we didn't have a car). Too bad we couldn't meet the proprietors. Overall, a very nice locale for a weekend getaway, and I think it would be even nicer in better weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jos9143
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful rooms, gracious service by the hosts, delicious breakfasts. This is a quiet spot, with large beautifully furnished rooms, absolutely top-notch in every regard. The Patterson Room faces the back, and has a nice balcony to catch the morning sun.

2 Thank Marcia B
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My daughter and I were in Baltimore to visit my niece who lives on Baltimore street, so we stayed here for convenience, but were very pleasantly surprised by the size and style of the room we stayed in. We also loved the breakfast, snacks at night, library, and company. I will definitely stay here again when in Baltimore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathy U
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent 2 wonderful nights here just after Christmas, and are very happy we did. The rooms were tastefully decorated and extremely clean and comfortable. The sheets were some of the softest I've ever slept on! We were on the top floor and it was very peaceful. Breakfasts were tasty, and Roger gave us some great tips on places to explore in the city. We particularly enjoyed the turn-down service and daily chocolates, and loved having the tea service in the library. We would HIGHLY recommend that you stay here when visiting Baltimore!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple