“Heaven in Little Italy”

Neighborhood: Little Italy
Baltimore, Maryland
“Heaven in Little Italy”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We took our neighbors to Rocco's last night and I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed ourselves. Everyone's food was superb. My fiance had the pork tenderloin special and it was honestly the most tender, delicious pork I've ever tasted. I had a filet mignon that melted in my mouth. The seafood Adriatica special my neighbor had came will about 1000 mussels and clams and other assorted yummies. He was ecstatic. Dessert was a little slice of heaven. I had the zabaglione which was out of this world. The service was spectacular and we loved the ambiance. Prices were quite reasonable for what we got. Will definitely go back for any kind of occasion.

• Visited October 2012

North Haven, CT
“Nice Find in Little Italy”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to this restaurant based on the reviews I read here. My daughter goes to school in Baltimore so I am there at least twice each year.

Rocco's is an unassuming place in the Little Italy area of Baltimore. The building is old and there are lots of corners and stairs to get to your table. It added to the coziness of the building. It was decorated in what I have come to know as Italian decore. Most of my older aunts and uncles had the same styling.

The service was great. Our server was attentive but not overbearing and met all of our needs even when we spilled water or had special requests. The food was very good. I especially liked dipping my bread into the olive oil with spices in it. Delicious.

Given all of this I also have to say it is on the higher side of dinner price, so be prepared for the bill to add up.

All in all, a great meal. A nice stop in our otherwise working trip.

• Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not quite good enough value”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent service and pretty good food. I got the penne with smoked salmon and pink sauce: not very complicated (it tasted liked smoked salmon, and I couldn't really pick up any other flavors), but good.

We also got the special appetizer, a roasted vegetable antipasta plate that was very good.

Three stars instead of four because it's on the pricey side. We tried it out with Living Social, but I'm unlikely to return when I can go around the corner to Amicci's for a meal that's just as good but less expensive, or, if I do want to splurge on a fancy meal out, I can go two doors down to La Tavola, where the food will be excellent.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank solargecko
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Rocco's Rocks!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Restaurant was well appointed. Service was excellent. Food was delicious. Husband had a rolled veal stuffed with cheese and mushrooms with a porchini sauce - very good. I had seafood over linquine. Seafood was plentiful and fresh, with wonderful fresh cut tomatoes in sauce. Prices were average for area.

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great spot in little Italy”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place was excellent I highly recommend getting something handmade like the raviolis and the chicken parm was to die for. Its in intimate little restaurant with fantastic service and if you're staying at an inner harbor hotel ask about the free shuttle to Little Italy!

• Visited June 2012