“Above average hotel with below average price”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Above average hotel with below average price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

This was our second time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. We chose to stay at this hotel again due to its location and costs. Though there are hotels that are closer to the Inner Harbor (where there is the most to do) the high costs of those hotels were enough to deter me from staying there. From Hilton Garden Inn, you are about a 15-20 minute walk to Fells Point and Inner Harbor, or a $5-7 taxi ride. Conveniently, there is a 24 hr CVS, and a Whole Foods around the corner of the hotel.

As for the hotel itself, it is an above average hotel. Nothing may particularly leave you in awe about this hotel, but it is definitely nicer than some hotels which I've paid more for. The room we stayed at is a standard room, but most importantly, I have no complaints about the room's cleanliness. The facilities and the complimentary wifi were the highlights of this hotel. I believe the gym is a privately owned gym but guests are allowed complimentary access; that is why it is much nicer than your typical hotel gyms.

Due to extra company this time, we booked a room with 2 beds instead of 1 King. We were slightly disappointed though that the rooms do not offer queen size double beds. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and look forward to it again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore.MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Directions to the garage are wierd. Getting from the garage to the lobby is screwed up. Actually you dont know if you in Homewood Suite to Hilton Garden Inn- It does not say where you are - Good luck. At check in they stare at you - dont know how to greet and welcome a customer - who is bringing bread to their table -on and on- the valet rates just went up while I stayed there - surprise - the bathrooms are for midgets - yes I mean that. If you leave at note for housecleaning to leave one extra bag of coffee you wont get it - hush - they probably dont know how to read - or else - why would they not leave an extra bag of coffee? on and on I have stayed at better hotels same class with far superior service - the management dont know what's going on. I will go elsewhere next time. Try it you will be happier.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Parsid
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Due to the economy I can't travel like i used to or spend the money that I used to on my hotels. So when I had to come to Baltimore for some untidy family business (and my teenage daughter came with me), I tried to mix the situation with at least a nice place to stay near some sights. After doing my homework I chose the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. Not only is it an excellent value with a lovely restaurant that offers a great breakfast, it's a great and safe location that is connected to a SUPERIOR GYM. The rooms are very comfortable with coffee machines, brand new bathrooms, great flat screen and FREE internet connection which no other hotel in the area offers. The staff is up to par with any 4 star hotel. Friendly, courteous, helpful and very professional. I wasn't thrilled that i had to pay twenty some dollars a night for parking but i was thrilled that the parking garage is connected to the hotel so you don't have to walk outside if you don't want to. The area is surrounded by boutiques, a movie theater, restaurants, little Italy and in walking distance to the shops at the Harbor.
I'm also a clean freak and find most hotels never live up to my standards. Other than the usual things that the housekeeping staff overlook like the tops of lamps that are layered in dust - I did like the white bed spreads. Usually hotels have some awful pattern to hide the over use. - but these crispy white bed spreads made me feel that they were clean and not hiding anything. The bathroom is brand new and really nice and the shampoo and creams were all Neutrogena which was fantastic. You have a choice of eco friendly pillows and there is coffee maker in the room (LOVE).
They are trying hard and it shows.
I would come back here even if I had the money to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pennsylvania suburb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

If you're looking for an affordable hotel in an ideal location this is the place. Easy walking to all harbor attractions, Fells Point and Little Italy. Parking was convenient as the garage elevator was accessed directly from the hotel lobby. Rooms were nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. Very happy with the experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Guests have complimentary access to a terrific fitness next next door, Another reviewer complained of the pool being crowded, but that depends on when you go and even at the peak hour, it wasn't particularly so. I liked the hotel's Inner Harbor location, near interesting restaurants and good for an after-dinner stroll. I had no complaints about my room, which faced the street but was reasonably quiet. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the free internet access. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. Some other reviewers had gripes about the staff, but I found them quite alright.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Knutsford, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as a stopover enroute to Europe after a vacation on the West coast. We did not really know what to expect but had figured out that the Inner Harbour was the place to be. The Hilton Garden Inn appeared to fit the bill and it did. We had a comfortable clean room and the location was excellent for the exploration of all that the inner harbour has to offer. The breakfast was average and as reflected in other reviewer's posts this hotel could benefit from a bit of "tightening up"
The dining options in the inner harbour were a bit disappointing - plenty of choice but very definately 'corporateland' with their standard offerings. Perhaps Fells Point offers better options - we did not have time to find out. The Water Taxis are a great way of getting around and the tour of the Orioles ball park was a highlight of our stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

I had a prepaid guaranteed late arrival reservation but was bumped when I arrived at 5 p.m. Other guests were allowed to check in after I arrived. To make matters worse, I had a sprained ankle but had to stand at the counter for 15 minutes while the clerk wasted my time insisting that she go through all the possible restaurants in town even though I told her I just wanted to get to my room.

I was moved to a low rate hotel that was two miles away from my colleagues. The Hilton didn't even offer any compensation for failing to honor my guarantee.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business