“Clean, modern, great location.”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 3, 2010

- The hotel is located a few minutes from the inner harbor, the building is split between a HGI and a Homewood, same staff.
-Check in was easy, the gentlemen at the front desk was allowed us to check in both our rooms earlier which doesn't always happen on a Sunday. Very friendly.
-Rooms were clean and modern, on the 8th floor is a nice garden that overlooks the city.
-Didn't spend much time at the hotel, so can't comment on it too much.
-Check out was okay the girls were not very approachable.
-Paying $24 to park was a little bit of a pain.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed here with my 8 year old son to take in an Orioles game. The location isn't right at what I would consider Inner Harbor (acquarium, convention center, ESPN Zone) but it's only a short 10 minute but very SAFE walk away. There is currently a free shuttle bus, the Charm City Circulator, that runs every 10-15 minutes past the hotel to Camden Yards, the convention center, Inner Harbor, etc... very convenient and clean. http://baltimore.org/transportation/charm-city-circulator

The hotel is new, clean, there's a Starbucks right next door and a Whole Foods behind it. The neighborhood is a newer upscale area, so safety is never a concern. The room was clean, roomy enough, and had any of the latest ammenities you'd like. The only drawback is that you use the fitness club next door and the pool closes pretty early (5:000 PM on Sundays). I'd stay here again without giving it a second thought.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was very impressed with the Hilton Garden Inn. I stayed two nights with friends for a bachelorette weekend in Baltimore. It's an easy walk to all of the attractions at the harbor - aquarium, Power Plant Live!, restaurants, shops, etc. There's a 24hr CVS on the same block and a Whole Foods one block away. So if you wanted to pick up some food for a casual lunch, you could easily do so. Another perk about the location is that it's right next door to Little Italy. There are a number of cafes and restaurants that you could easily walk to. I wish we had time to hop in one. And it's only a 15 minute walk or 2-3 minute drive from all of the attractions at Fells Point. It's a can't beat location.

As for the hotel, it's definitely newer, very clean and comfortable. The rooms felt a little tight, but it could be because we had 4 girls in a room. I didn't book the room or communicate with any of the hotel staff except for a woman who looked like a manager who was trying to help out with the broken ATM.

Overall, I've stayed in the hotels on the west side of the harbor before, but I would definitely go back to the Hilton Garden Inn again because of the can't beat location and the comfortable/clean rooms.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We traveled to Baltimore for a friend's 50th birthday. Arrived on the red-eye so got to the hotel at 9:00 am. I knew that we would be checking in early so was expecting attitude which often hotels through at you when you try to check in early. I was pleasantly welcomed by Torlo. She was friendly and went out of her way to help. My early check in, no problem. Got a wonderful room #919 a little larger with more windows and a couch. We booked through expedia and our rate included breakfast. Food was great and had cooked to order and buffett choices. The gym is in the same building but is not a typical hotel gym with only a few excercise machines. It is a full service gym that the hotel contracts with. hundreds of machines and work out equiptment. 3 different pools with extra excercise equiptment and lanes for swimming. A kids pool and a hot tub that kids are not allowed to use. Something for everyone! We had never been to baltimore so the hotel is a good location for visitors. Definitely check out the water taxi's a $10 ticket lets you to use them all day long, great way to explore. By booking through expedia I found out that at checkin I was not able to get hilton honors points which I found dissapointing. It was recommended that I book directly through hilton in the future. because they are also offering a pre-payment lower rate like we got through expedia. Free internet terminals and I believe Wi fi!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

DO NOT stay here if you would like to use the pool. It is a pool at an adjoining fitness center whose hours are variable. My small children and I were there 3 days and were never allowed to use the pool--due to closure for crowding, swim lessons (every Sat. morning), and closed for a holiday (all holidays closed). It is not worth the extra cost if you are not actually allowed to use the pool! Staff did not compensate us for this either.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The Hilton in the inner harbor is a nice stay especially with that significant other. The location is prime! you have access to many restaurants, bars, clubs and other amenities. The service is self explanatory w/ the hilton.. The rooms decor was nicely layed out, over looking the city @ night makes you feel good.The gym and pool over look Orioles stadium NICE! ( fabolous voice)My problem which is the problem that i always have in staying @ these hotels is the THIN AIR CIRCULATION in the room. I can't stand that [--]. You and your partner will wake up in the middle of the night with some serious dry mouth.. scavenging for some water. I know many people have experienced this before. Bring your humidifier.. LOL.. other things that bothered me which is always common in luxury hotels is that everythings overpriced!
but for a nice getaway for young couples i would recommend this hotel and location

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2010

This took place in 2006. I missed my connection to Alaskan Air because AA was late. They paid for my room and meals here. The service was outstanding along with the food. For dinner I had chicken breast stuffed with salmon (i think) that was out of this world. I had a view of the harbor from the 12th floor. I loved it.

Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business