“Hot stuffy rooms, cold shower, yucky breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is my second stay for this location. I will begin by saying the hotel is clean and nice. We stayed on the 12th floor for one night. The room was hot and stuffy all night. The thermostats are weird!. You cannot leave the fan on "ON". You have to leave the air on "Auto". Well we did that, setting the thermostat to 65 degrees. It was hot and stuffy all night. The shower water never got warm. The breakfast consisted of a buffet of cold, hard, scrambled eggs and the like. The serving line was overwhelmed and could not provide fresh made to order breakfast in a timely manner. They told you so when you put in your request. You could wait, but they had a back log of at least 20 or so sticky notes of orders. I won't be staying here again if I can help it. I paid for the room with Hilton points as I am a Gold Member. I was offered a rebate of points. I am not sure if I got them or not. I really don't care. I would have preferred a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share details following your visit to Baltimore. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, as is our goal. I will use your details to follow-up with Engineering to ensure all HVAC items are properly functioning. I am very sorry to hear of the breakfast experience, as the Hilton Garden Inn made to order breakfast offerings are quite wonderful. I am sorry that we were so busy and that impacted your experience. Again, our apologies and I appreciate you letting us know.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the Inner Harbor Hilton Garden Inn in early May 2014. The room was really nice and quite large which was nice. But the view from the room we had was pretty poor. We were up on one of the higher floors which would usually be great - but all we could see was the roof of the building next door. Bummer! So, we just kept the curtains closed! :) The other unfortunate thing was the bathroom was pretty tiny. But since most of our time was spent in the room itself - we enjoyed it. My husband did some work on one side of the room and I relaxed and watched a movie on the other - so it all worked out nicely. The staff was nice enough. There were no issues with checking in or out.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with a GOOD view! :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the guestroom and service you received. I appreciate the details about the view from the room and I am sorry it was not your preference. Perhaps if you stay again, we will be able to honor a request for a courtyard view, so please include that when you make your reservation. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome!!!!!! I work at a hotel as well and just meeting the front desk supervisor late at night with weary eyes just made me brighten up and energized! Where do you find a person who thinks like yourself? Then you have the way the hotel is designed! Rooms and hallways it's amazing! Lighting is not too bright. I can't say more cause it would only be compliments I have and I can go on and on and on! Love this place! I'm coming back soon guys!!! :) Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Wow! Thanks very much for such fantastic feedback following your visit to the hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed the service and design so much and I look forward to sharing your comments during Monday's team huddle!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The facility was well conveniently located to several attractions, and the staff was very accomodating and friendly. The hotel has partnered with the MAC, which allowed all guest to use the fitness facility free of charge. It was conveniently located on the second floor, and it was one of the best, state-of-the-art fitness centers. My husband and I traveled with another couple, and on our last evening we enjoyed the garden area. It was very pleasant. I left my cell phone in the garden overnight by accident. When I discovered it was missing the next morning, I panicked. I was thrilled to find it in the garden, a very safe and quiet location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience while visiting the HIlton Garden Inn Baltimore. I am pleased you discovered the private courtyard on the 8th floor - it definitely is a gem in a busy city! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for business for one night during the week. The staff upon check in were wonderful! So polite, courteous and efficient. I had a king sized bed in a room that overlooked the "courtyard" (which truthfully wasn't much to look at). It was extremely quiet, I did not hear any typical doors slamming. The bathroom was very grand with a tile shower ..... really great for the price.

The restaurant/ bar was only open until 9 and we came back from our business dinner a few minutes before 9. Even though the bar was closing, the bartender let us take a glass of wine to go and we all sat downstairs in the lobby seating area next to the big screen tv .

Very lovely hotel, with excellent staff.

Room Tip: You can request a harbor view and you may be able to see between buildings to the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

I am very pleased you enjoyed the service you received so much while visiting the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. The team members are very focused on exceeding expectations and I look forward to sharing your comments with them during our morning team huddle tomorrow. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I travel for work typically ~5 times a year for week long stays and always look for a Hilton chain. The area this Garden Inn was located was VERY nice. Everything in the area is new and refurbished. You can walk about 3 blocks in any direction and it quickly becomes less nice, but this area specifically was very nice. The hotel itself was very clean, hotel staff was very courteous and friendly. My only two gripes about the entire stay were 1) the internet kept disconnecting randomly. I had three separate devices and the Hilton network would disappear at random times and for random lengths on all devices (Android phone, Windows labtop, Apple Ipad). It was a minor inconvenience, but still annoying. 2) The bar in this hotel is only open until 9pm. I went down for dinner and a beer on a Tuesday evening to find myself as the ONLY patron at the bar/restaurant. The bartender was nice and friendly, but it seemed like she was also responsible for room service, which meant she had a hard time even keeping up with only a single customer. Closing at 9pm most likely attributed to the low number of patrons as well. My dinner was excellent however, and the bottled beer selection was decent (a few local craft brews). I did not eat at the hotel again, nor did I venture down to the bar again. There are several other good restaurants in close walking distance. I would recommend that unless you enjoy dining silently and alone. There is a ton of great places not far from the hotel at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel team members and cleanliness so much. I am very sorry for the inconvenience of the internet as that certainly is not to our standard and I will follow up with the provider. Again, thank you and I look forward to sharing your comments during tomorrow's morning team huddle. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here for a week on business. Very clean, spacious room...provided all I needed for the week. Would stay here again if given the opportunity. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Super easy check out process. The cookies at the front lobby that are free were quite delightful too!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn