“Yes! Great Location! Great Price! Good Value!”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
“Yes! Great Location! Great Price! Good Value!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the HGI Inner Harbor is a great location. It was also very competitively priced. Walking distance to a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. The MAC fitness center access was a nice touch and easily accessible from the 2nd floor elevator lobby. Previous reviews were somewhat correct about the traffic and valet parking logistics, but it was never unbearable during our visit. The valet staff, front desk staff, and housekeeping staff were all courteous and helpful. Room was clean and my wife, who very particular about cleanliness, was impressed by the housekeeping staff. Only issue was the size of the room. A little close for comfort with a large dress/tv stand about 18" - 24" from the foot of the bed. Had to set up the ironing board half way in the bathroom. Modest complaints in my opinion, but if a friend were asking my opinion I would encourage them to try the adjoining Homewood Suites.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
Coupeville, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Spent a week here while attending a class at another (booked) hotel. I really enjoyed my morning and evening walks to and from. It's just a short jog over to the waterfront and a series of footbridges that take you from pier to pier along the city's waterfront. Many restaurants, the aquarium, USS Constellation, within easy walking. Hotel restaurant is ok, but nothing to write home about. Parking is in a garage for $22/ day no in and out, or $35/day valet parking with in and out privilege. I paid the local corporate rate of $179/night. When I booked I had already tried several hotels in the area and this was the only one I found with an open room. There was apparently a nearby convention overlapping with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. with great views. The staff is very good, some of the best service I have received at any Hilton property.

The only downside is the valet area is off a one way street where you have to go through a traffic circle. Returning to the hotel on a Friday night took nearly 45 minutes to get to the valet area. There just is no simple answer. Compounding this the self park must be owned by another company, as they will not allow in and out on the same ticket.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on an end, small rooms, the ones along bends in the hallway are bigger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am very pleased you enjoyed the service you received so much! I look forward to sharing these comments during tomorrow's team huddle. I am sorry that the traffic was so frustrating. The Harbor East neighborhood is a very popular destination, as evidenced by the traffic you encountered, and this would absolutely be frustrating when encountered. I hope it does not cloud your choice to stay with us in the future.
Alpharetta, Ga
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Inner Harbor in Bltimore. I was very pleased with the staff and how I was treated. What I didn't like was the room I received. Because my profile with Hilton says, high floor away from elevator, I was given a small corner room which was very narrow and difficult to maneuver around.
If this is your profile, make sure you don't get this type of room.
The restaurant staff was very friendly and the food (breakfast) was tasty.
Overall, I will stay there again, but making sure I have a better room.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My mother works at a Hilton hotel, so she got a room at the hilton garden inn. So I used my card because hers had an issue. The charge said 44.07. It was for one night but when I check my bank statement. It says 50.68. What was I charges for was there a fee I had to pay?

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Meisha022
Dover, NJ, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Above and beyond my expectations. I honestly can't say enough about this hotel. The room and facilities were immaculate, the housekeeping staff prompt and the valets were spot on. The staff and service was excellent. I had no problems whatsoever and any questions or issues I had were answered in an immediate and extremely friendly manner. Staff was continually asking throughout the day if everything was okay and if anything was needed. Great breakfast buffet and business lounge. Located in a great central area within walking distance to almost all of the sights to see.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We (two adults and one 4 year old) recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor during the Baltimore Grand Prix weekend (we didn't know that ahead of time, we were there for the aquarium). The hotel was everything we needed for our brief stay.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. Check-In was very brief and easy.

The room itself was very clean, though a little on the small side (two queen sized beds). Though not so small that we felt uncomfortable.

They don't offer any kind of free breakfast that we could find (which would be nice), but they do have a paid breakfast buffet that we did not visit.

The location of the hotel is great. While not located smack dab in the middle of the Inner Harbor, it is close enough that the walk is not bad at all. The surrounding area seems nice with lots of different restaurant choices.

Considering that this hotel was the least expensive available in the area for that weekend, I was definitely impressed by the value and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family