“What a deal!”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Clean, great location, GREAT GYM...and I got a great price online....as a business traveler this it now my first choice in Baltimore. Also great staff! Whole Foods down the street and the great Liquid Planet vegan eatery is near by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here while visiting Baltimore for the first time. Location is great at the Inner Harbor. Very close to shopping, dining and activities. We walked everywhere! The staff were friendly and helpful. Stephen the valet assured us our over sized vehicle would be taken care of and would remain safe throughout our stay even though it was above the height limit of the parking garage. Joaquin at the front door had a friendly smile and "hello" everytime we saw him. Thanks to Melinda at the front desk for suggesting Dalesios restaurant and Vaccaros pastry shop located in Little Italy. The food was delicious. Overall Baltimore is similar to the waterfront of Boston and I can't wait to visit the city and Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very enjoyable stay and the Hilton Garden Inn at the Inner Harbor downtown Baltimore. I thought the location was excellent, it gives you access to walking, biking, taxi, bus, train. Very easy to get around and the Hotel is marvelous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here because the room block was filled at the hotel where my meeting took place. This hotel was a short walk away, was less expensive than the group rate at the other hotel and has much to recommend it. A full-service health club on the second floor was an unexpected surprise, although it opened too late on a Saturday morning (7 a.m.) for me to use it on the second morning of my stay.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a decent hotel in the inner harbor area, convenient to many destinations, including Johns Hopkins hospital, where I attended a conference. I thought the room itself was ok but not fabulous for the price charged. However, the service was very speedy and very friendly. Also, if you really like to have a good workout space at your hotel, this is a great one to pick. The gym on the second floor is really spacious and well-equipped.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn at Inner Harbor (Harbor East) was a good hotel. It is rated at 3 stars but I think I'd give it 3.5 stars. It's located near Harbor East which is right in between/walking distance to Fells Point and the more touristy part of Inner Harbor. Great location if you are an adult who wants to just walk to nice restaurants/bars at Fells Point or see the aquarium or other tourist-y things at Inner Harbor. If you have kids, I'd recommend staying nearer to the main Inner Harbor. Although the FREE Charm City Circulator is right outside your door so maybe it doesn't matter!

Harbor East has nice retail stores, upscale restaurants, Whole Foods market, 24hr CVS, and a movie theater right outside your door! You can also use the MAC wellness center during your stay. Unfortunately for me and my husband, it was undergoing maintenance :(. Hilton Garden Inn is a 3 star hotel but seems to match the area it is in. It is a clean hotel and the rooms/lobby have a very simple yet modern decor (nice woodwork/furniture, neutral colors in the room, floor to ceiling windows). Our bathroom was clean although when we first came in, I could smell a wet rag odor from the toilet. I think it's time for the maid service to change their cleaning supplies! It dissipated after a while thank goodness.

Also, I have to admit the service from a few members of the hotel front desk and valet was lacking. They did not seem very friendly.. almost like they just were just trying to get through the day. I do want to note the service of one particular doorman though who I considered to have top notch hospitality. His name was Angel and he is someone the other employees should try to emulate.. great, helpful, and friendly man. All in all, I guess you can say I can look past all that because I'd stay at this hotel again for the value, simple/clean modern design, and location!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrisLT617
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your visit to Baltimore. I appreciate the detail you shared about the odor in the bathroom as well as the service impressions from some of the team members. It absolutely is not to our standard and thank you for letting me know. The information will be shared during our morning huddle and will be used towards re-training for an excellent guest experience. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with my stay. The hotel is very well kept and the fitness center is outstanding. It is walking distance to a number of very nice restaurants and attractions. The front desk was more than willing to work with my check-out schedule the morning of my departure.