“Slept well !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Kansas City, Missouri
“Slept well !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The beds were too soft as well as the down pillows. The shower had a little bit of black mold. It was pretty clean. But the best thing was that it was remarkably quiet!! LOVED THAT !!!! The staff was courteous. The pantry was a little small for a hotel that size. We thought the breakfast was overpriced at 12.99 for not much selection but it was convenient. The waitresses in the breakfast room were arguing in public.. a big no-no. Would stay again, for sure. Great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is not great by any stretch of the imagination. Firstly, the service is quite poor. Prior to checking in, my boyfriend and I had a mixup with the type of room that was booked for our stay. We had unknowingly been given a room with two twin beds, which we did not want. After calling and getting nowhere with the first person he spoke to, my boyfriend asked to speak to a manager. Apparently the manager was busy with another client, which is fine, but it took her 2 hours to return his phone call. She too claimed nothing could be done, so we ended up with the two twins for a week (and I have truly never seen such small beds in a hotel before).

Another example of the poor service: one evening we called room service to order some food. We were gruffly informed that the service wasn't available until 5 pm and that we would have to call back. It was 4:48. A properly trained employee would have taken our order anyway and simply let us know that there might be a slight delay due to the kitchen not opening for another 12 minutes. It's not like we called 3 hours before its opening.

Furthermore, our room had a generally grubby feel. The blankets on the beds were some of the rattiest I have ever seen. My boyfriend often removed them completely because they were so itchy and irritating to the skin. Most of our pillows had dark stains on them. Towels were dingy and one had a long hair on it when we arrived. By the end of the week the track that the window curtains ran on had somehow broken. The TV looked as if it'd been mounted haphazardly on the wall about 10 minutes prior to our arrival - tons of exposed wires.

Their wifi is free but it is not good quality at all. It was difficult, for example, to stream things on Netflix. They also give you complimentary access to an athletic club located on the 2nd floor, which my boyfriend really enjoyed. He said it's a great gym. Included are three small indoor pools which I found to be just as grubby as the hotel itself.

The only benefit of staying at this hotel is the location. You're within walking distance of many attractions. But because of its poor service and cleanliness issues, I really just found myself eager to leave. There is a beautiful Four Seasons right across the street; if you have the money, I strongly suggest staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BabyDeedus
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry the hotel did not exceed your expectations, as is our goal. The feedback you shared about room service. I am sorry that the hours of operation did not meet your preference and the information you shared can be helpful to the hotel team. I also appreciate how streaming video would be enjoyed in a hotel and sorry that the publically shared network for all hote guests did not support your movie streaming. I have also shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper for team re-training so our guestrooms maintain their high cleanliness levels. Thank you again and I am sorry for the challenges you encountered.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location in Fells Point, right next to the Inner Harbor and Little Italy, is great, and the view from our 9th floor room included parts of the harbor, the attractive traffic circle below, and the baseball stadium. The room was clean and attractive with a very comfortable bed, but it was a bit small for the amount and size of furniture. The bathroom was also very clean and new-looking. We did not need to park the car there, so this was not an issue as with other guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NE NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

First the good: the location is excellent, the place is clean and management is responsive to complaints. Which leads me to the bad: save yourself a giant headache and avoid the valet parking. They tell you to text your ticket number and your car will be ready in 20 minutes. Um, NO. We went down after 20 minutes and they hadn't even gone to get our car...the keys were still in the valet stand. The attendant could NOT have been less helpful...all he could say was "It'll be 3 minutes." NOT true. We were very nearly late for an extremely important appointment, all because we were naive enough to actually believe this. Second problem we had was the air conditioning in the room...it did not work and required two separate visits by the engineer to rig up a temporary fix. As I said, management WAS responsive about this issue, but it would have been nice to have no issue in the first place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank S A
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and very sorry about the challenges you encountered with valet parking and the HVAC. Air conditioning in the heat of Baltimore's summers is very important and I appreciate you letting me know. I have also shared your feedback about the valet experience with the parking operator for his team follow-up. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my first time in Baltimore and I wanted to stay somewhere "familiar" - hence I choose the Hilton. This hotel did not disappoint at all.

First of all, the location was fantastic, right across the road from Inner Harbour and overall in a very safe area (which is not common in this city!). Plus, you have a Starbucks just beside the hotel and plenty of restaurant choices around.

Then the staff was always courteous and really helpful. Check-in and out were both speedy and I had no problem whatsoever.

The room was not the largest. Actually it was a bit tight. But the bed was comfy and the decor was modern and superclean. Plus, I had an amazing view on the harbor.

I had a problem twice with room service as they forgot to clean my room. In both cases, I had a call from the hotel manager who apologised and offered restaurant vouchers, which was a nice touch I thought.

The Gym is ABSOLUTELY amazing. It's not a hotel gym. It is one of the best gym in town, super-modern, with squash facilities, cutting-edge equipment, and a very nice pool area.

Finally, car parking was easy and the hotel staff was incredibly generous as I had lost my ticket and they let me get off with no charge (I stayed here 5 days so it was going to be rather expensive).

So, all in all, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high levels and facing the harbour... you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn this past weekend! Our two rooms were spotless (and I'm very picky!) and very up to date. It was also in the PERFECT location! I have two very young children, and wanted to be close to the Aquarium & other inner harbor attractions and this location couldn't be beat. The staff was wonderful & also very accommodating. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such nice feedback about your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor! I am pleased you and your family enjoyed our central, Harbor East location so much. It definitely is walkable and I am glad you took advantage! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back for future visits!
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is located in the same building as a Homewood Suites, and their front desks are right next to each other, so explore both options before booking. They use the same parking garage, gym, etc. The Hilton Garden Inn was excellent. It uses a commercial membership gym on the second floor that is enormous. You won't find a better gym at a hotel anywhere, and it's on the second floor. It has three large pools, a hot tub, many racket ball courts, and tons of equipment, and nice locker rooms. My only issue was a weak wireless signal in my room. This hotel is within a block of many nice restaurants, and within 2 blocks of the water and a water taxi stop at the Marriott. There is a Starbucks and movie theatre on the street level. Some rooms here have great views. I'm on the 9th floor and I'll post my view. Self parking in the garage is $23 a day, with an elevator directly to the lobby. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business