“Great location - nice view”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great location - nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location in Fells Point, right next to the Inner Harbor and Little Italy, is great, and the view from our 9th floor room included parts of the harbor, the attractive traffic circle below, and the baseball stadium. The room was clean and attractive with a very comfortable bed, but it was a bit small for the amount and size of furniture. The bathroom was also very clean and new-looking. We did not need to park the car there, so this was not an issue as with other guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
NE NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

First the good: the location is excellent, the place is clean and management is responsive to complaints. Which leads me to the bad: save yourself a giant headache and avoid the valet parking. They tell you to text your ticket number and your car will be ready in 20 minutes. Um, NO. We went down after 20 minutes and they hadn't even gone to get our car...the keys were still in the valet stand. The attendant could NOT have been less helpful...all he could say was "It'll be 3 minutes." NOT true. We were very nearly late for an extremely important appointment, all because we were naive enough to actually believe this. Second problem we had was the air conditioning in the room...it did not work and required two separate visits by the engineer to rig up a temporary fix. As I said, management WAS responsive about this issue, but it would have been nice to have no issue in the first place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank S A
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and very sorry about the challenges you encountered with valet parking and the HVAC. Air conditioning in the heat of Baltimore's summers is very important and I appreciate you letting me know. I have also shared your feedback about the valet experience with the parking operator for his team follow-up. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my first time in Baltimore and I wanted to stay somewhere "familiar" - hence I choose the Hilton. This hotel did not disappoint at all.

First of all, the location was fantastic, right across the road from Inner Harbour and overall in a very safe area (which is not common in this city!). Plus, you have a Starbucks just beside the hotel and plenty of restaurant choices around.

Then the staff was always courteous and really helpful. Check-in and out were both speedy and I had no problem whatsoever.

The room was not the largest. Actually it was a bit tight. But the bed was comfy and the decor was modern and superclean. Plus, I had an amazing view on the harbor.

I had a problem twice with room service as they forgot to clean my room. In both cases, I had a call from the hotel manager who apologised and offered restaurant vouchers, which was a nice touch I thought.

The Gym is ABSOLUTELY amazing. It's not a hotel gym. It is one of the best gym in town, super-modern, with squash facilities, cutting-edge equipment, and a very nice pool area.

Finally, car parking was easy and the hotel staff was incredibly generous as I had lost my ticket and they let me get off with no charge (I stayed here 5 days so it was going to be rather expensive).

So, all in all, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high levels and facing the harbour... you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn this past weekend! Our two rooms were spotless (and I'm very picky!) and very up to date. It was also in the PERFECT location! I have two very young children, and wanted to be close to the Aquarium & other inner harbor attractions and this location couldn't be beat. The staff was wonderful & also very accommodating. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such nice feedback about your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor! I am pleased you and your family enjoyed our central, Harbor East location so much. It definitely is walkable and I am glad you took advantage! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back for future visits!
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is located in the same building as a Homewood Suites, and their front desks are right next to each other, so explore both options before booking. They use the same parking garage, gym, etc. The Hilton Garden Inn was excellent. It uses a commercial membership gym on the second floor that is enormous. You won't find a better gym at a hotel anywhere, and it's on the second floor. It has three large pools, a hot tub, many racket ball courts, and tons of equipment, and nice locker rooms. My only issue was a weak wireless signal in my room. This hotel is within a block of many nice restaurants, and within 2 blocks of the water and a water taxi stop at the Marriott. There is a Starbucks and movie theatre on the street level. Some rooms here have great views. I'm on the 9th floor and I'll post my view. Self parking in the garage is $23 a day, with an elevator directly to the lobby. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jennteam
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

For a 3-night trip to Baltimore, my wife and I chose the Hilton Garden Inn, Inner Harbor since we wanted to be located in the Inner Harbor area. We found the hotel OK and went inside to check-in. I was offered valet parking for $32 per night with full in/out privileges or $22 per night with no in/out privileges for my entire stay. The desk clerk said "you can walk to just about everything". I was skeptical and opted for the more expensive valet parking.

Our room on the 4th floor overlooked the National Katyn Memorial fountain in the traffic circle and was directly across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The bed linens and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and the showerhead had a nice spray. The free Wi-Fi also worked well. There was even a Starbucks next door. The big surprise was Baltimore's "Charm City Circulator", a free bus service with a stop directly across the traffic circle! This bus service had 4 or 5 routes which intersect plus serve Penn Station, Johns Hopkins University, museums, the harbor front, etc. We were able to walk across the street and catch a clean, frequent FREE bus to essentially everywhere we wanted to go in the city. We would up walking to two restaurants we had picked out previously.

When checking out I tried to see if I could retroactively change my parking from the valet to the cheaper rate since we never moved the car. The contract parking service's garage attendant said no. The Hilton desk clerk, however, gave me the telephone number and name of a manager of the contract parking company and suggested I call once I get home which I plan to do. Unless you are planning on going someplace unusual in the city, I would suggest just using the Charm City Circulator and save on parking. Overall a great stay. I'd stay here again if I'm ever back in Baltimore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaroonDawg67
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such beneficial tips on your visit to Baltimore. The Harbor East location of the hotel is centrally located and I am pleased the Charm City Circulator was utilized! I look forward to sharing your review with the hotel team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
cmtk767
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Both front desk and the management were unresponsive to my requests. There is no concierge at this hotel (for $250/night other hotels in this price category usually have concierge services and more).
For a simple thing like providing a receipt for parking they tell you that you have to find a parking garage attendant and deal with it yourself. Why advertise self-parking as a service provided by the hotel if the garage is managed by a different company and the hotel is unable or unwilling to communicate with them?
There is no lounge for Hilton members.
The lack of efforts from hotel staff and management is frustrating - it is basically "go do it yourself" attitude.
If you are on a business trip and don't have time to deal with small issues or if you like service that is better than average then there are plenty of better choices in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cmtk767
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am very sorry that the Hilton Garden Inn does not provide the same services that Hilton's do and that we do not have a concierge. It certainly is not our intent to have a guest feel mis-led with parking options as it is included on the website so our travelers have a clear understanding of their options when traveling to Baltimore. I appreciate your feedback and thank you.