“Nice Location”

Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Haskell, NJ
“Nice Location”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was in the area for primarily business, but did have time to see some sites. The hotel was nothing special, a usual hotel, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only problem was the valet parking, it was a small circular driveway, and it took some time for them to park and then retrieve the car. They were very apologetic and they did work hard.
It was a block to the water taxi and about 3 walkable block to Fells Point, which has small shoppes and lot of small Irish pubs with good food. On Saturday AM they had a farmers market which was nice. Great place to stay for a long weekend, close to many attractions. Enjoy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel shares its facility with Homewood Suites and is a half block from the harbor; there were no harbor views that I could see. The hotel is new and it is very nice. I had a king room with windows on two sides; it as a large room. The bathroom was standard, but quite adequate and clean.

Good things: Large room, coffee maker, small refrigerator, free WiFi, two closets, a sitting area, a nice desk/work area, good lighting and the location is the icing on the cake. There was also a nice buffet breakfast with made to order omelets/eggs for a reasonable price. There is a grocery store and liquor store one block away, plus lots of other shopping. At night the street fills up with people who are going to the many restaurants and bars.

There were really no negativities with this hotel and I had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have floor to ceiling windows on two sides.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Warren, PA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let's start with the location. The Garden Inn was easy to get to -- VERY Easy. Our Tom Tom got us there with no problem. The hotel is located about a 1/2 a block away from the water's edge. If we looked down a street, we could see the harbor from our room. It was the perfect place to start our walking tour of the Inner Harbor, and close to Fells Point. We didn't get to Fells Point until early evening, and the market had closed. But it was still a beautiful walk and we got to experience the vibrant nightlife.

We walked all over from our hotel. If you don't mind walking, you can get to just about every point on the Inner Harbor from the hotel. We had no problem walking to the Aquarium, the Science Center, Camden Yards, etc.

Our room was adequate and clean. It wasn't anything too special, but the bed was comfortable, the view was nice, and I'll say it again. It was clean! We didn't eat at the hotel, because we were too busy sampling the James Joyce, Bubba Gumps and the Rusty Scupper.

We did take a look at the Grill, and it appeared to be clean and bright. On the same floor was the health center that hotel guests have access to. This is a REAL health center and a benefit for anyone who's into that kind of stuff. (As I said... we got our exercise walking and walking instead!)

The staff always had a smile, and was eager to make our stay special.

As a bonus, there is a movie theater, Starbucks and Haagen Daaz next door, and a Whole Foods and CVS drugstore right around the corner.

We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family & I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. There were about fifteen of us in seven rooms. There was the usual family chaos at check-in. However, the staff here did not waiver. They were friendly & helpful in getting us easily up to our rooms.

The location of this hotel is great. There are so many things to walk to - mom & I slipped away to Jcrew for some quick shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while celebrating a wedding. The hotel team has been very focused on guest service and I am pleased that the front desk team took such great care of you. The neighborhood definitely is great fun - I am glad you had time to enjoy it. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the HIlton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor!
pammyjs
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have reservations for Oct 19th & 20th. We enjoy HGI. They are often better than the big Hilton Hotels. In fact we purposely chose Garden Inn when we realized we would be visiting Baltimore. Our room was reserved 2 months ago. I received my final confirmation email this past week-end only to find my room preferences were completely ignored. Why were we given a room with 2 doubles instead of a king, non-smoking room? I called the hotel, was put on hold for 5 minutes then told there were no king rooms available. But..... I could upgrade to a suite for..$$$$. Really? I was disappointed by this experience. I can use points to stay at the Marriott but chose HGI to be with friends. We may be changing our plans.

Stayed October 2012
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate the challenge with the room type during your stay with us. I am very sorry this occurred as it certainly not our standard for such a thing to occur. I am sorry that I was not able to be of assistance while you were on property and certainly welcome any additional feedback as to the situation so it can be used towards correction. Again, thank you for letting us know and I am sorry this was your experience.
Gibraltar
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I again stayed at this Hotel, while we were waiting to join the Cruise Ship "Enchantment of the Seas"
The front desk staff were again very welcoming and we had some fun with them while we were checking in, which only took a few minutes.
The room was spacious and clean as I would expect from the Hilton group.
As a member of the Hilton group, they did follow my notes asking for a room away from lifts and high floor, which was great, thanks to them for this.
It was unfortunate that the bar was closed on the night we were there, but it was very late, and it was no problem, as we just strolled down to 'Mo's' restaurant as we new the bar would be open.
I will defiantly stay at this hotel again on my next visit early in the new year
Capt.Harry

Room Tip: If you have requirements, just ask (or email the Hotel) they are very accommodating
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
How nice to read such nice comments about your most recent visit with us! Thank you for taking the time to share the details and I have shared your review with the hotel team. i hope that the private event in the bar did not impact your visit too much and I am glad that there was another restaurant so convenient for you for your night out. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor!
hong kong
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel receptionists are friendly and natural in their approach to the client. You don't feel that you are communicating with corporation robot staff, very helpful, it is not an understatement. The hotel rooms were clean and well appointed in a functional but relaxed manner and I thought the comfort of the beds and lounge chair were excellent. Colours tasteful, not over bearing but pleasant to be surrounded by. Bathroom good and in light colours, opened up into lobby with double doors. Iron and board. No Safe though.

The Breakfast area is of ample size and serves a cold type buffet with fruits, breads, spreads and porrige. Also if one wants to have something hot there is a bain marie and also cook to order at a little extra cost. A very relaxing area with reasonable street views.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and it was overlooking a rooftop garden to the rear of the building complex...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience when visiting us. I enjoyed sharing your comments with the hotel team and pleased that you enjoyed the service you received so much. The guestroom design is definitely special and a little bit different and I am glad it made for a comfortable visit for you. We look forward to welcoming you back - with a room overlooking the roof top garden!