“Inner harbor”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great location for a fun place to go. Walking distance to tons of restaurants and bars. Good value.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Schrej04
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. The central location between Inner Harbor, Little Italy and Fells Point is spectacular and I am pleased you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Using points while on vacation, I was first placed in a smoking room while the preferance of a non-smoking room was in my profile. The new room's thermastat was placed on 65 degrees and never cooled down to that temperature. I've had better air conditioning at a Hampton Inn where my room door had a nice view of the interstate when I opened it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JohnK995

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your visit to Baltimore. I am very sorry that we were not able to honor the request for non-smoking room, particularly as it sounds as though you are a HHonors member. I feel badly that the HVAC did not function properly, as that would be uncomfortable to not control your own comfort level. Abgain, I am sorry these unusual experiences occurred.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

As a seasoned traveler, I was very impressed with this hotel and the exceptionally friendly staff. A front desk team member, Akasha, is simply terrific. Her "greeting" is genuine and cheerful! I'm here on business but will be back with the family!

Room is clean and very comfortable, too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RGC57

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am really pleased that you found the hotel team so friendly, particularly Akaysha! I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team and to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a great hotel for families visiting Baltimore's Inner Harbor because you can walk to everything in the Inner Harbor including the Aquarium, Phillips Crab House, and the wonderful Power House Barnes & Noble store. Since there is a water taxi stop just around the corner, it is also easy to visit Fort McHenry and the wonderful kid-friendly Maryland Science Center, or just take a ride around the harbor. This hotel also lhas the added cache of being located just blocks away from Little Italy with its wonderful restaurants and Vaccaro's Pastry Shop. The room was a decent size, and the beds lived up to the hotel's perfect night's sleep guarantee, and there were lots of pillows to get comfy. Every staff member had a big smile and a friendly hello whenever they saw us. We were warmly welcomed by Lerner as soon as we stepped out of our car to check in. When we came back to park the car, she was very happy to tell us how the parking worked. I do think the parking was a little expensive, but it was very convenient - you could take the elevator right from the parking to the hotel lobby. It was wonderful to just park the car and walk or take the water taxi everywhere. My grandson and I loved the wonderful garden with its waterfall adjacent to the 8th floor. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inn!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelmateDurham
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am very pleased that you were able to take advantage of so many fantastic neighborhood and hotel amenities! Vaccaro's is definitely a fantastic pastry shop and a hit with children and our 8th floor rooftop garden is the perfect place to enjoy your afternoon pastry.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, perhaps during Fort McHenry's anniversary celebration in June 2012!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We promised our daughter that we would do something special for her if she made honor roll. She also made principals list. So she said she wanted to go to the Baltimore Aquarium as her reward. We looked a several hotels and thought HGI would be good and close to the aquarium. WOW! It was great, walking distance to just about everything at the Inner Harbor. The staff was mega helpful and super nice. The only thing she enjoyed as much as the aquarium was the pool in the gym. The beds were, in my daughter's words "dreamy" comfortable. And the breakfast in the restaurant was also a big hit. Can not say enough great things about this hotel. We will book there again when we come back.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jesse L
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed both our proximity to Inner Harbor and the comforts of the guestroom so much. Congratulations to your daughter for her tremendous success and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'd give it two and a half-stars if I could.

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights while we did a college tour of the area. The hotel was in a nice location. They're doing renovations outside on the road and the traffic noise at night was loud (going over the metal road coverings). I realize this is not the hotel's fault.

Our room was small, but it was clean (so small that you couldn't even open the drawers of the nightstand because they shoved a chair in the corner. Had to practically climb over the chair to get out of bed). Closet was squeaky and was difficult to open. Tiny bathroom. The air intake handler on the wall next to the closet was loud and sounded like it was on full-blast, even when the HVAC was off. Our keys didn't work, so I had to traipse back down to the hotel front desk. Since they had one person at the desk for the HGI and one for the other portion of the hotel (suites), I had to wait 10 minutes just to get a new key. We went out all day and returned at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon to a a completely unmade room. They didn't answer the front desk phone when I called, so back downstairs I went. Waited another 10 minutes to have him tell me that they'd send someone up to clean it then. No remorse at all. No apology. So, after being out all day in the pouring rain, we went out to Whole Foods and by the time we got back, the room was cleaned. Granted, the room was tiny, but housekeeping made the bed, emptied the garbage and threw room freshener (which was still wet ... at least I hope that's what it was) on the bed. No vacuum, etc.

The front desk sign boasted about the perfect night sleep bed system, and although we had a king bed, I didn't have one of those. Would have liked to have, since the bed was too firm.

Parking was expensive, and breakfast not included and was not, in my opinion, worth the price I paid, especially with a Starbucks next door and a Whole Foods around the corner. Poor choice of TV stations.

Free Wifi, though!

Overall, our stay wasn't horrendous, but it didn't stand up to par of other HGIs I've stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momeees

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry that your room was scheduled for cleaning towards the end of the room attendant's workday as opposed to at the beginning. I appreciate that a mal-functioning key coupled with an un-serviced room would be inconvenient towards the end of the day. You have also highlighted that the team can offer additional information about the Hilton Garden Inn Garden Sleep System bed which are beds that have a dial on the side so our guests can choose the firmness or softness of their mattress. The made-to-order breakfast is also quite popular and I hope the fact that it is not free with Hilton Garden Inn's does not dissuade you from choosing us in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This Hilton Hotel shares the same entrance and reception desk with Homestead Suites. I had a “King Evolution Room” with a king-sized bed on the 9th floor and a great eastern view of a huge garden area on the 8th floor (nice trick, eh?). Apparently the roof of the building below was converted into a nice walking/sitting area with grass and stone walkways, etc. The flat-screen TV in the room was great with the HD channels available for “NADA” (free is always good) and the bathroom was large and modern with a roomy glass-door shower. I’m not a fan of the TempurPedic mattress or similar style. Give me a nice over-stuffed coil-spring mattress. There also was a mini-fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. The hotel has a bar/grill called the Great American Grill and a business room that has 3 free PCs and printers with internet access and a copier and fax machine.

This hotel is east of the inner harbor area (Piers 3,4,5 & 6) on the other side of these little walking bridges connected to the various Piers that allow you to cross over by the tip of the pier without going to the top of the pier (E. Pratt St.) and back down. Pier 5 has a hotel and a McCormick & Schmicks along with a small lighthouse. Pier 4 has a Hard Rock, Dick’s Last Resort, Houllihans and more restaurants. The next bridge will take you to the Baltimore Aquarium and Harborplace.

The free “Charm City Circulator” orange-line bus stops at the rotary by the Hilton Hotels and goes right by the Inner harbor area before crossing over the Light-Rail transit line tracks that can take you to and from the BWI Airport for $1.60 each way.

Room Tip: Higher west-facing rooms give you a great sunset and bay view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo