“Great Location OK Property”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We've stayed at many hotels in the U.S. and around the world. We had to make last minute arrangements to visit Baltimore and the convention center hotels were full. We ended up at the Hilton Garden Inn. It's OK, the beds are comfortable; our room on the 4th floor was quiet; good desk chair, free internet; it actually is a lot better than we expected. I was disappointed that the housekeepers did not replenish our toiletries or provide us with more bottled water (as part of the Hilton Honors program). Other than that, it is OK for a couple of days business travel stay. $7 to $10 cab fare to the convention center when not rush hour traffic. The greatest thing about this property is that is so close to so many great restaurants - you can walk out the front door and within a block be at Roy's or Oceanaire, a couple of more blocks, Ruth's Chris, McCormick and Schmidts and Little Italy. It is totally do-able for a short stay. I would consider it again. The inner harbor area is so much nicer than the convention center area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed September 14, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for the Inagural Grand Prix race over the Labor Day weekend. Overall the hotel is perfect for the money. It is in an excellent location that is within walking distance to many attractions and located in what is callaed Harbor East, a fairly new part of town. It is easy to walk from the hotel to Historic Fell's Point or the the herat of the Inner Harbor. The hotel staff were very friendly, especially the morning crew for breakfast!! WE did not get to take advantage of the fitness center, but it looked wonderful, with several pools. The rooms were clean and comfortable with great views of the harbor. The only small complaint that I would make is that the carpets were a little worn. Other than that, great stay!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for taking a minute to share the details of your experience and how nice to hear you had such a wonderful time! I enjoyed sharing your comments during our morning stand-up and the Breakfast Team welcomed the applause. Harbor East is a vibrant area in the city and is very centrally located and I am glad you were able to take advantage.
I am sorry about the condition of your carpet as we strive to maintain the finishings in the hotel. Thank you for bringing the specifics to my attention.

I hope you think of the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor for your next stay in the city.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for just one night, August 28, 2011. I had originally canceled our reservation, since we were not sure if we could make it down due to hurricane Irene. We were able to escape NJ Sunday morning and made it to Baltimore to see the ballgames. When I arrived at the hotel, I told the girl at the front desk about our canceled reservation. She still honored our original price, which was nice. The parking is convenient, although the cost, $23, is a bit high. Also, be aware, they do not accept cash upon leaving parking garage, only credit cards.
Our room was on one of the higher floors. It was very modern, nice white, clean sheets, very comfortable king size bed, a small refrigerator, nice furniture. Nice sitting area next to a window overlooking the circle and the statue. Location was perfect. Within walking distance to Fell's Point neighborhood, inner harbor, and Camden Yards.
The one odd thing that occured during our stay was a problem with the elevator. The doors to the elevator bank were closed when we left our room on the 11th floor at about 7:15 pm, My husband opened them, but we realized the elevators were not working. There was a phone in the elevator vestibule which my husband used to call the front desk. He was told that the elevators were being worked on, and they did not know how long before they would be in service again. Luckily, we are both in good health, and did not mind going down 11 flights of stairs, but this could be a big problem for others. Other than that, we really did like the hotel, and the young lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: HIgher floor with a view of the circle are nice for people watching
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback regarding your visit. We, too, were looking forward to a weekend of baseball until Hurricane Irene struck! I am pleased you were able to attend at least one of the games. I also appreciate the information you are sharing regarding the elevators. While I wish that elevators did not malfunction, this does happen sometimes. It appears as though an opportunity lay with how we communicate this when it does occur.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will think of the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor for your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Loved this hotel! Everyone was so nice and couldn't do enough for you. Our accommodations were excellent and the location to the Inner Harbor was perfect. So much to see and do in the immediate area. Can't wait to come back next year!

Room Tip: Pricing and location
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Everyone at the hotel was made us feel welcome and took good care of us. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The on-site fitness club is great; it has several nice pools and offers every class or machine you could possibly want, like water aerobics, yoga, Pilates, Zumba. My husband and I loved the “create your own omelet” bar at breakfast.

The hotel is within easy walking distance to virtually everything you would want to visit (such as the aquarium, the historic ships, the inner harbor itself). It’s also only a block from a water taxi stop, in case you want to venture farther out, like to Fort McHenry. Plus it’s right next to Little Italy, where you can get great meals (Dalesio’s was our favorite restaurant).

I had a problem with the shower temperature, but I talked to the super-friendly woman at the front desk (who even remembered my name), and Maintenance had it fixed within 15 minutes! Parking was expensive but convenient, and we got a great AAA room rate. We didn’t want or need for anything during our 5-day stay and would definitely book this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here for the second time just a few weeks ago. The hotel is more than fine as a family hotel, and MAC gym and location (as prior reviewer notes) are great. BUT on this trip my husband and two children all came away with bed bug bites! We had heard about this problem in the news on and off but this was our first encounter with them and it took us a day or so to realize that these were not "regular" summer mosquito bites, that they were much more intense and patterned on our bodies, and that we had all been affected (we also took photos). We confirmed that this hotel is on the "Bed Bug Registry" (which we didn't even know about until this stay) and a call to the hotel resulted in them saying they would investigate and get back to us but they never have! This is a very big problem for hotels and I am sympathetic, but they should have refunded us our money at the very least. If you plan to stay here, read up on bed bugs, inspect your room first, and cross your fingers!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CapucineDC
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for taking a minute to share this feedback with the hotel team as any suggestion of any pests is taken quite seriously! The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. Our housekeeping team is trained on proper inspection and we also employ the services of outside pest control companies. I am truly sorry if you have not had a positive experience as it is absolutely not our intent.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback so we can continue to follow-up.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here during the 4th of July. The hotel was wonderful, staff was pleasant and the bed was the best bed my husband and I had ever slept in. Super clean hotel. I would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing how pleased you were while visiting us in Harbor East. The Hilton Garden Inn Garden Sleep System bed is truly comfortable (I also have enjoyed it!). We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore in the future and thank you again for taking the time to share such positive feedback.