“Do not charge to your credit card”
Review of Dover Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dover
Dover Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Norwalk,IA
“Do not charge to your credit card”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I made a reservation the first part of Sept.for a one night stay on Sept. 30. Sept 23rd my plans changed. I called and canceled. I ask for a cancelation number. The manager refused to give me one. She said I did not need one, and she was taking care of it immediately. When my credit card statement came, I was charged for it. I called several times. The manager will not return my call. They say without a cancelation number. They will do nothing.. BEWARE!

Room Tip: I do not recommend this motel
Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sandy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is a family run property in a rural environment. I did not stay in the cabins, but in the motel proper. The rooms are run-down, shabby and ill-equipped. The "refrigerator" was unplugged, and had to be plugged in over the sink! There was some kind of helicopter crew staying there and they spent much of the evening out in the parking lot talking loudly. I visited to do family research -- it is a small, western Tennessee town -- with great hospitality. I don't know that there are many other choices of places to stay. I also visited two Heritage Societies and Fort Donelson. Not at all sorry that I went, but the rooms available are just not what I'm used to.

Room Tip: Try a cabin instead of a motel room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan T
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We stayed here for a week while visiting relatives in the area. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We looked forward to our coffee on the porch each morning, and sitting and recalling the day's events on the porch in the evening. It was very quiet and peaceful. I am physically handicapped, and they went out of their way to help me in any way possible. We looked forward to the daily visit with the cleaning crew. They were all so friendly. We are planning to return this year for another week or two's visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tennesseevisitor2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Early American Motel
Early American Motel
#2 of 2 in Aurora
Kenlake State & Resort Park
America's Paradise Resort

Been to Dover Inn Motel? Share your experiences!