The Hotel Limpia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshistoric hotelno elevatormain buildingresident catrestaurant next doormcdonald observatoryold charmhouse catfull kitchenblue mountain bistrocold wateroriginal buildingbedroom suitecomfortable bedhigh ceilingsfront porchsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I, along with our three boys, stayed two nights at the Hotel Limpia. I have never been a fan of historic hotels, but I absolutely loved this place. It is immaculate with tasteful renovations that maintained its charm. I didn't hear much noise from other guests, although hotel was full. Lots of sitting areas and games to play. The staff was very friendly and attentive. One thing to note is that there is a resident cat named Tuxedo.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is one of the better "old hotels" in which I have spent much time. We were there for a week in late August, bicycling and hiking. The service was great. Coffee on a summer morning on the veranda can't be beat. Very historic and welcoming place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Located in the very small town of Ft. Davis, this has been in the hotel business for 100 years or more. We stayed in a two room place located in the building behind the main house. The sitting room had a nice chair and sofa and a small TV (not flat screen). Wireless worked well. (One thing to know, the electric plugs are NOT the 3 hole (grounded) so you should bring the 2 plug to 3 plug converter for your computer etc.). The shower and bath were small by today's standard, but adequate. Plan to arrive well before 9pm because the entire town is shut down by then, including this place. There is a number to call for emergencies, and I assume if you arrive late, but I would avoid the issue and just be there well before that time. Very comfortable bed and quite peaceful place. We didn't get a chance to eat the hotel as the restaurant was closed on Monday and Tuesday. The Drugstore across the street has good food, so no inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hotel Limpia is a really beautiful old inn. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The decor was very nice and there were lots of beautiful, light-filled areas to sit. They also have a lot of games and cards that you can use while you are staying. The fireplace is nice to sit next to and the receptionist was very nice. Tuxedo, the beautiful black and white kitty, is a lovebug and is a very nice addition to the inn. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Hotel Limpia many times over the past few years and never been disappointed! It is a quaint spot in the middle of magical lands of beauty. This past weekend I proposed to my girlfriend and surprised her with a stay at our favorite hotel! It was perfect! The staff secretly conspired with me and made our room amazing! They brought in flowers, decorated, and were super easy to work with. This is our favorite hotel ever!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple