“Green Chile Hamburger - yes, please!”
Review of Cueva de Leon

Cueva de Leon
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Fort Davis
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The burger mentioned in the title was really yummy! My friend ate the fajita buffet and said the meat was really well seasoned. The rest of the buffet was meh.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was okay. No alcohol served and you don't know that until you see locals bringing in their own wine. Some brought in their own coke because cafe only sells pepsi. Service was very very slow.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Service was fine but we had to wait a long time for the food. The place was full and the kitchen couldn't keep up with the orders. However, when the food arrived, it was hot and very delicious.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a perfect "Tex-Mex in a small town" experience. It's just a diner - nothing fancy. I made myself fish tacos and then went back for everything else. Both red and green enchiladas were great. I don't know what I'd have thought limited to only one dish, but I thought the food on the buffet was better than the food I had later at the much written up L&J in El Paso.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

W" e had a 15-minute wait until we were acknowledged at our table, our drinks brought and chips and salsa. Another long wait before our order was taken, and an hour in total before we had any food in front of us. The waitress did a half-hearted apology, saying there had been a power outage earlier. The place doesn't serve beer or wine, and my diet coke was half-gone and watery by the time I got my meal. I decided it wasn't worth it to ask for another. It looked like they had one waitress serving everybody and one guy who bussed tables and brought out meals and drinks. I got a combination called "Green chicken enchilada and taco" which not being overly familiar with Mexican dish terminology, I thought would have a verde sauce. It was a runny cream and cheese sauce .The plate came with refried beans and rice. The shredded chicken was ample. My friend had beef enchiladas and a taco. The salsa and chips were good, but I and my friend would rate our dinners as average at best. Maybe our view was colored by the long wait plus the crying baby at a nearby table. This is a family-type place. It looks like they have buffets on some days. They had a salad bar with minimal offerings the night we were there. Prices were reasonable.

2  Thank TennesseeRoadtripper