“Reptile hut”

Rattlers & Reptiles
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My niece and I stopped in to check out the inmates at Rattlers and Reptiles. It's dark and small and a little bit weird. I thought the price of admission was a tad expensive for what is on display, but I figure they probably don't get a lot of traffic and have to charge a little higher.

The highlight of the visit was when a skink scurried into the building and the shopkeeper fed it a couple of roaches. If I were a free roaming reptile, I would not go in there for fear of becoming a permanent part of the exhibit! :)

2  Thank Travelsgirl93
"venomous"
"dive"
"turtles"

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a very small building with about 20-25 types of rattlesnake on display; they also had one display with gila monsters. The labeling is clear, and the 6-7 men sitting around front chatting were willing to answer questions. My husband thought we wasted $12 dollars (maximum charge for a family), but our teen and I thought it was a fair price. This is not high-end entertainment or even a zoo; it's a roadside attraction in a very small town. And it has all of the charm of a small town attraction. I'm happy we went.

1  Thank DFrazee
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you get creeped out by wiggly things then you might want to not go into this little place....the kids love it and the guy that runs it is a character....

1  Thank Analisa K
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a small-town rattlesnake museum. It was small, but filled with many snakes, spiders and scorpions...creepy, but cool! I asked the owner if I could have the skin that the snake shed for my science class. He was very kind and gave me one that was completely in tact.