“Surprisingly varied, thoughtful menu in a small town off the beaten track.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Mountain Bistro

Blue Mountain Bistro
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Fort Davis
Cuisines: Spanish, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Red Deer, Canada
“Surprisingly varied, thoughtful menu in a small town off the beaten track.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find a great restaurant in such an out-of-the-way place. Home cooked menu, with a professional staff. The ambiance and decoration drew us into a Fort Davis heritage feel.

Bertram, Texas
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here on a recent Saturday night. We were seated at 6pm and were told that they were out of three menu items: the steak, salmon, and one other item that I can't remember. Really, it's only 6pm and they've already run out of three things!! We should have left but settled on the trout and Chicken Marsala. We were never asked if we wanted water and when I did ask, I was brought water but none for my husband. The food was mediocre at best and definitely overpriced for the quality. The sauce on the chicken was way too salty and tasted like a McCormick package mix. The rice had NO seasoning and the fish was bland. I've had better food at Lubys!! Should have driven down the road to Reata.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Donna256
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Fine menu and wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's Fort Davis - would not expect to find the big city menu there, but we did. Excellent continental dishes described - two eaten! Pork tenderloin under a wonderful mocha sauce was really tasty. Salmon with green peppercorn cream sauce (sounds odd!) was delicious, as the sauce did not overpower the salmon like so many sauces do. Server's wonderful smile made up for her inexperience - she will be great.

Wilmore, Kentucky
“Excellent food, excellent service, beautiful setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate dinner here before heading to McDonald Observatory. I had the grilled veggies over quinoa and my mom had the trout. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We sat outside, and the courtyard area was beautiful and charming. I must stop for dinner in Ft. Davis!

Chestertown, Maryland
“West Texas French?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stopped in Fort Davis on our way to the McDonald Observatory from Martha and shopped at the shop connected to this bistro. We were still sort of loaded from our Mexican breakfast, so my wife went for the classic Caesar and I went for the salad and sandwich... small Caesar and 1/2 BLT.

The Caesar was fresh and had a light creamy dressing. My 1/2 BLT turned into a whole, but had perfect bacon and nice tomato and lettuce.

The setting inside was bistro all the way, but we opted for the garden setting outside. The service was friendly, but it was obvious that a leisurely lunch was in order as the solo server was also handling all of the inside tables and the bar. Rather than wait for the check, I just moseyed (you end up doing that in Texas) up to the bar and got rung out.

This is a place that I'd go back to to try their dinner offerings... as long as I had plenty of time on my hands.

• 3 of 5 bubbles