“This was my husband and son's first stop on our trip”

Fort Davis Drug Store & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Fort Davis
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Fort Davis Drug Store and Hotel is an iconic business in the heart of Fort Davis, TX. It features the original Soda Fountain and Ice Cream plus Sweet Shop and Restaurant, Gift Shop and Hotel. People tell us all the time it is the very heartbeat of our community. The Historic Hotel has 6 spacious rooms with private baths in each room. Two beds in every room.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We sat at the soda fountain and had ice cream cones or milk shakes many times on our vacation. They serve Blue Bell Ice Cream. It was Dutch Chocolate for my crew, but I recommend the cinnamon, it is amazing.

We also had breakfast one morning. They serve your standard diner fare. It is a great place for a family to grab a quick bite for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came back for the steak and my first visit was out of this world. But came to find out Chef Daniel was no longer working there. I was disappointed in my steak. Was over seasoned and over cooked. I brought my friends raving about the food and was sad to taste that it was just not the same.:(. I hope to see an improvement, but a little weary of coming back..on the other hand the ice cream is still good....

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the drugstore many times, and i usually enjoy the food and the atmosphere, but the service is a little bit lacking. During my last visit, our waitress was pouring water at my table. As she poured, the water passed into the glass , and then she poured it back into the pitcher, which is completely unsanitary. There have been many occurrences like this one, though i continue to go because i enjoy the food.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

A few of us went in there to eat dinner and the food was very good. Chicken Fried steak was the way to go. The building is very cool and the service was good, too. It is BYOB which makes for a cheaper dinner. I would suggest making a stop here even if you aren't hungry. Our server made a mistake at the table next to us, but she was great in owning up to it. It shows a lot about the character of the staff.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Loved their chicken fried steak. Servers were friendly; the fried pies were delicious but the best was the Chicken Fried Steak. Went there 3 times to eat over a 4 day period.