“Classic Fountain Drug Store Experience”

Fort Davis Drug Store & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Fort Davis
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Fort Davis Drug Store and Hotel is an iconic business in the heart of Fort Davis, TX. It features the original Soda Fountain and Ice Cream plus Sweet Shop and Restaurant, Gift Shop and Hotel. People tell us all the time it is the very heartbeat of our community. The Historic Hotel has 6 spacious rooms with private baths in each room. Two beds in every room.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you are familiar with the old Yellowstone Drug store in Wyoming, you will appreciate this review. This place is on the money. Folksy, accomadating service. A perfect chocolate peanut butter milk shake (would you like one scoop of peanut butter or two?) A great grilled cheese, fab fries and the chili cheese dog our friend had was pretty tasty. We'll go back- again and again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was staying the night on the edge of town at the Ft. Davis Inn and RV Park. The person at the desk said this was good. I left Dallas very early in the morning on my motorcycle, rode through cold wet fog for several hours and hadn't eaten much all day. I wanted a good meal. This was the place. Remember this is West Texas not New York. The price was reasonable, food good, and the young high school girl who waited on me was great. After teaching for 30 years it was good to see a kid willing to work and do a good job. I let the owner know. He said it was hard to find good help. I wanted to go back for breakfast but I had too many miles to cover before dark. I will eat there again.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Really interesting. Great food and a really neat ice cream and soda fountain bar. The buidling has an art gallery on the second floor.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were passing through Fort Davis while seeing the sights in the Trans-Pecos and stopped for lunch at the drugstore. It's really a restaurant but does have an old-fashioned soda fountain. My wife had the cheeseburger and I had the chicken-fried steak. Both were very good, and we have had quite a few of each over the years. Service was attentive and prices were reasonable. Good value.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Looks like a nice place. Too bad the service is Horrible.

My step-father had called in an order at 9:45 for 4 ham sandwiches. He stated specifically that we needed to have them ready at 10:30. We arrived at the drugstore at 10:30 to pick up our order, heading out of town on a tight time schedule. There was only one other customer in the store.

Our order was not ready.

In fact, they hadn't even started making the sandwiches yet.

When asked, the snotty girl behind the counter stated they had other orders come in.
Seriously? We walked in and she and her coworkers were gossipping in the back, not even working.

To top it all off. We were in a rush, we grabbed the bag and left. Turns out, they didn't put 4 sandwiches in the bag, they just put two. And they charged us $36 for this!!

I feel bad giving any establishment a 1 on their rating, but the service was horrible. And I called the manager and told him as much.

BedBreakfast-Inn, Owner at Fort Davis Drug Store & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Cameron K. Please let me apologize to you that your experience was not acceptable. We have discussed this review with our staff members and manager. As you can see by our ratings this is not the standard for our establishment. Never is it our intention to "rip off" a customer and if you will please give us a call and ask for the manager we would like to talk to you about your visit and how we can make this right with you. Thanks.