“Not too shabby..”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I took a little weekend getaway to the Davis Mountains State Park in July of 2011. We got to the Park around 7pm and set up our camp site then decided to get a bite to eat but didn't feel like driving all the way back to Fort Davis, so we checked out The Black Bear at the Indian Lodge. The food was pretty good. Not the best I've ever had but not the worst either. For the convenience to the Park it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

The Black Bear restaurant is located inside Indian Lodge at Davis Mountains State Park. Beautiful location, Western decor with a nice painted mural along one wall describing the history of the area. We were camping in the park so came there for breakfast. Simple but complete menu, clean dining area, friendly staff who are state park employees. Wait staff were accommodating of my request for off the menu items. Biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, coffee, tea and bacon all good. The bacon was thickly sliced and outstanding flavor! Fairly priced - they COULD charge a lot more, being the only place to eat for miles.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Having read some bad reviews we were pleasantly surprised by dinner. My husbands and I had the beef fajitas for two and our friends the chicken fajitas. The meat was tender, the guacamole had a bit of garlic and the pico de gallo fresh jalapenos. I admit it pays not to expect much in West Texas but dinner was good. Breakfast was average. The Indian Lodge restaurant is called the Black Bear, which tripadvisor has listed separately.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

Really good food and great service. The staff was very friendly. The Peco cantaloupe was FANTASTIC!

1  Thank BurtonBagbyGrose
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Very convenient if your staying at Indian Lodge because it's quite a drive to find another restaurant.Food was good. I would suggest getting there early for dinner because they get very busy and you may not get a table right away.It took at least an hour for our food to be served but we were in no great hurry.If I was staying at Indian Lodge I probably would eat here again.