“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Murphy's Pizzeria & Cafe - CLOSED

Murphy's Pizzeria & Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I felt like a night in at our Hotel so we got some beer and pizza from Murphys. I honestly wasn't expecting too much, it's a small country town etc but wow, was I wrong!

The option of picking your own toppings is a great notion and more pizza places should adopt it. The base was lovely and thin cooked perfectly. It was a bit cheesy for me but I still enjoyed it very much!

We both got a personal size pizza each and a garlic bread which set us back a bit over $30 which we thought was a bit pricey but they have to make their money. It was worth it though.

The staff are so friendly and welcoming too, it was a pleasure to go in there!

“Murphy's hit the spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was really surprised to walk into this small pizza "joint" and walk out wanting to go back the next day! As another said, the wait was a bit long, but they were slammed and we had friends to talk with, so the wait was absolutely worth it. Thin and crispy crust like I love and sauce & toppings were fresh & tasty. Super nice folks and will absolutely go there next time too!

Dallas, Texas
“Great thin crust pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visiting from Dallas. I had the veggie pizza and it was great! The thin crust is the best I've had in a LONG time. Came back another day and had the BBQ chicken pizza, which was also great. Much better than most of the pizza restaurants in Dallas. Took a little while to get our order, but wasn't in a hurry in the first place. It was definitely worth the wait. Highly recommend the place.

Dallas, Tx
“Pizza pretty darn good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The pizza was way better than I expected. The crust was thin and crispy but not too thin. Pretty much just the way I like it. The only negative was the wait. It took a while to get our pizza but it was worth it.

Visited August 2013
Louisiana
“Charming place...pizza not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I hesitate to be too harsh...these folks seem really nice and the location was really well designed and fun (read live tree growing in the dining room). However I thought the pizza was average at best. Thin crust had potential...but wasn't well cooked. It was very busy and we waited almost an hour to get it...and we were underwhelmed. I don't think I would go back....