“An Adequate B & B”

Franklin St. Station Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Astoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Everything was adequate, but do you just want adequate? Innkeeper was friendly & courteous when checking in, offered dining options and suggestons of things to do & see. Room was clean but very tiny, only one night side table, not much space to place a suitcase or two. Bathroom had only one towel bar, the other was lying in the sink cabinet. No shampoo offered. No snacks or water available for guests plus asked to use their computer as we didn't travel with ours and the answer was "no". Breakfast was okay but boring, one day pancakes one day waffles and evidently that is alternated daily. And not even fancy pancakes or waffles with fruit, toppings or anything.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2010

We were really excited to spend a night in a B&B after a long week of Best Westerns, and I have to say this was an underwhelming experience. Everything seemed a little tired and faded, which seemed to reflect the overall feeling of Astoria as a city. The host was friendly and helpful. Breakfast, like another reviewer mentioned, was waffles, although we did get some fruit and didn't have to deal with any kids. I guess overall the place was okay but I've definitely stayed in better places.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MadisonsTravels07
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My husband and I had a delightful stay in Astoria. Had dinner along the river and then walked back to Franklin Street Station and the Starlight Suite for a fabulous view of the river and downtown area. The suite has a wonderful sitting area -- comfy chairs with a panoramic view, an in-room refreshment area for after-dinner coffee or wine, a fun clawfoot bathtub, and a welcoming bed. Woke up to a bird's eye view of the Sunday morning market -- what a memorable treat! Breakfast was very good and very filling. Becky was very helpful in recommending restaurants, giving us maps of Astoria and recommending sightseeing. The Starlight Suite is definitely a winner. This was certainly a terrific way to start our Oregon travel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmcoderre
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This is one of the nicest Bed and Breakfast establishments that I have stayed at in Astoria. It is very clean, cozy, charming and a really super comfortable bed! I stayed in the "Enchanted Haven" room!

I was traveling alone on July 10 and I felt very safe here too. The inkeeper was pleasant and helpful, yet she left me alone and I could come and go as I like-this is what I prefer!

So many Bed and Breakfast places now a curfew. This Inn does not-yeah for that. I was visiting a couple good friends and they both commented on what a unique place this is!

When visiting the coast again, I would stay here!

Thanks for a nice stay! Lisa Jones

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank van907
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have stayed at the Franklin Street Station many times and I love it every time. Astoria is a great place to stay and the Franklin Street Station Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay! The hostess is kind and very flexible. The bed and breakfast is in a great location and is a very cozy place. I have stayed in every room and I love every one. My favorite room in the sweet tranquility. In the winter, the bed and breakfast has a second night half off deal which is very convenient. I like to stay in the starlight, which has a beautiful view of the river so that i can watch the ships go by with the telescope that is in the room. Astoria is a beautiful place and the franklin street station bed and breakfast is too! They serve a wonderful breakfast and everything is wonderful with this cozy, beautiful, and elegant bed and breakfast

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have stayed in Astoria many times now and I love staying at the Franklin Street Station Bed and Breakfast. The hostess is very kind and friendly. She does an excellent job giving me an idea of what to do next. She is a very flexible person and is ways excited to help me with my travels. The Franklin Street Station is a quiet, comfortable environment in a great location. The rates are great and it is worth every penny. I have stayed in every room of the house and I adore every one. My favorite room to stay in is the sweet tranquility. I love coming to this bed and breakfast because every time, I return to a warm greeting and new things happening to my room. In the winter this bed and breakfast does a "second night half off" special, which is great because even in the winter Astoria is beautiful. I try to stay in the starlight, which a beautiful room on the 3rd floor of the house with a wonderful view of the river. The room even has a telescope in it so that I can look at the ships that pass by in the evening. Astoria is a great place to stay and I recommend staying at the Franklin Street Station Bed and Breakfast! The breakfasts in the morning are wonderful. When I enter the dining area in the morning, the table is set and it is beautiful. I am greeted with a warm welcome and I get an elegant bowl full of beautifully cut fruit. They also serve me either perfectly round fluffy pancakes or belgian waffles with delicious breakfast sausage. If i am staying for a long period of time they serve me other things such as ham, eggs, and pretty much whatever i desire for the morning. They are always willing to help out. The Franklin Street Station is located right next to down-town Astoria. I can walk to whatever I need. I love staying here and I will return soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2006

This place is a decent value for the money, but we were not excited about it. The owners seemed friendly and competent, but the rooms all seemed a bit tired and faded, needed brightening up with new bedspreads perhaps...Of the B and B's we visited on our trip, this was the only one that did not ask us any questions about breakfast, so we were not offered any low-carb options (like eggs), their standard breakfast seems to be waffles. There were several guests with babies and small children, definitely not a quiet place for breakfast, but if you're looking for a kid-friendly place, this is a good one, equipped with many toys, etc. It is in a good location in Astoria.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jhgd