“Must Eat Here!”
Review of Bridgewater Bistro

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Waldport, Oregon
“Must Eat Here!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I've eaten here two times and was delighted both times! The food is innovative yet comfort food at the same time! The staff are always friendly, helpful and make you feel at home. It doesn't hurt that the view is spectactular also!

Oregon
“The freshest seafood, great staff, river view!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I often travel on business and find that everytime I'm in Astoria I want to return to this awesome restaurant. The staff is professional, yet approachable...and they always seem to remember returning customers! Much of the seafood is local...and tastes fresh-caught and is prepared just-right. I'm tempted to keep ordering the same thing because it's so good...but everytime I try something new, it's my new favorite! So much detail is paid to every menu item...from appetizers to salads to entrees. Wine list is fantastic, as well. To sit and eat these fantastic foods...and watch the ships and pilot boats come and go at the massive mouth of the Columbia River...makes me feel I'm transported so some foreign resort.

Kennewick, Washington
“Fantastic food, attentive service, and a view!”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We were recently in Astoria on our anniversary. We have been lucky enough to visit Astoria several times within the last few years and have been eagerly awaiting the completion of this restaurant on one of our favorite piers. We were looking forward to this trip, knowing that we would celebrate our anniversary at the Bridgewater.

We were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was stunning. As we walked to our table, we walked past the fireplace and noticed a small cut out in the floor covered in glass. We could see through the floor and into the river below the pier. This glimpse into the River was just the beginning of a great meal. When you go, make sure you take the time to linger near the fireplace and get a glimpse of the River below the restaurant.

Even though there isn't a bad seat in the dinning room, we were seated along the large windows overlooking the ship traffic on the Columbia River--it doesn't get much better than that. The large, sea going vessels were within a few hundred feet of our table.

When I go out to eat, I hate being rushed. Part of what I am paying for is the atmosphere. If I wanted to be rushed, I would go to a local burger place. Most “upscale” restaurants haven’t figured this out and try to get you in and out as quickly as possible by delivering your entrée, complete with a bill, immediately after the soup. This doesn’t happen at the Bridgewater; you’re allowed to enjoy the atmosphere as long as you’d like. Our waiter was new to the restaurant and to the area. He was very friendly and attentive. He fully explained every item on the menu and answered all our questions. Our glasses never went empty and our food was delivered in a proper manner—he gave us enough time to enjoy our drinks before bringing our chowder. Our entrees arrived only after we completely finished our chowder. We never felt rushed and were allowed to enjoy our time in the restaurant. We spent almost two hours and were never made to feel like we were “table squatting”.

We started our meal with the clam chowder. Having spent a lot of time on the coast, I would like to consider myself a chowder aficionado. This was by far some of the best chowder I have had. When you go, you must begin your meal with a cup.

I ordered the salmon with blueberry chutney and it was perfect. Sometimes salmon can be over or under cooked. This was neither; it was cooked to perfection.

My husband ordered the special, local rock fish, and it was another meal cooked to perfection.

If you're looking for a great meal in a beautiful setting, you must go to the Bridgewater Bistro. You won't be disappointed. I know we will be heading straight for the Bridgewater on our next trip to the coast.

Eastsound, WA
“Bridgewater Bistro is worth the trip to Astoria, OR!”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We recently enjoyed two fabulous dinners at the Bridgewater Bistro in Astoria - just a few steps from the wonderful Cannery Pier Hotel where we were staying. The Bistro's menu is eclectic and creative - something for everyone! The staff couldn't be friendlier and are extremely service oriented. The food was exceptional. The views out over the Columbia River and the huge bridge which connects OR and WA are spectacular. We can hardly wait to get back - probably in early December.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice view of the Columbia River, but .....”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Our family recently spent the weekend in Astoria. We chose this restaurant as a bit of splurge, and because it was close to our hotel. The physical space is nice, not fussy, with good views of the Columbia River. Very nice piano contributes to the pleasant atmosphere. However, the food was just okaaay - attractively served, but nothing really special, especially for this price range. The salmon and mussel chowder was loaded with...potatoes and celery. Did they forget the seafood? NW style bouillabaisse good enough. The Rockfish special was not well conceived or prepared... A generous pour of wine was a plus, but we wish the food had been better.