“I would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridgewater Bistro

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Portland, Oregon
“I would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We had an early small dinner ( 4pm) on our way back home. The view is spectacular and the fireplace adds a great touch, especially when it is cold and rainy outside. My first impression was rather tenuous as we were waiting with another couple in front of us to be seated. It appeared that the waitperson was the only one there at the time, and there were about three tables already filled. She looked at us and then turned to take an order from another table. Just a simple smile and saying " I will be with you shortly" would have been much more inviting. We were seated and the service was somewhat disjointed until another waitstaff who was not even on the clock yet, stepped up and started her shift. I had the soup of the day which was very flavorful and the smoked salmon/brie small plate which was delightful as well. My friend had the rosemary fondue. OMG.....that was incredible! The view if spectacular no matter where you are seated in the dining room. In light of the fact that it was February and not busy We were very pleased with our experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Skylark205
WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your overall experience of our ambience and food, but apologize if you found the service less than great or friendly. I have posted your comments as a reminder to our servers to smile and acknowledge every one who arrives at our door, no matter how busy they are at the time. I hope you will join us on your next visit to Astoria.

McAllen, Texas
“Fantastic Food and Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited this restaurant several times because they have a large selection of gluten free food. We have several GF diners with us. Many of their desserts are GF too and the drinks were fairly well priced too.

• Visited September 2013
Oregon
“Fantastic Birthday Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My parents brought me here for my birthday and I had a great meal. I ended up ordering several small plates and each dish was excellent. I had fried artichokes, fondue and pork loin.
Everyone else really enjoyed their meals as well.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great food at fair prices with a view that cannot be beat !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We go to Astoria often and have never been let down at Bridgewater Bistro. It is usually busy so making reservations is not a bad idea. Also Astoria is very family oriented so your romantic dinner could be disturbed by children so if this sort of thing bothers you make sure you mention it when seated. Great atmosphere and view. Live music usually on the weekends adds to the quality of the experience !

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tom H
Vancouver, WA
“Really good food. Very imaginative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Who would pair wild salmon fillet with Andouille sausage and mushrooms? What a great combination!

All of us enjoyed the meals we had.

Vegetables were seasonal and cooked to perfection.

We had the triple sample desert plate and each was wonderful.

Great views out the windows.

Wide open area for dining. Beautiful wood floors. High lofty ceiling. Had an upper dining area.
It was dark when we arrived, so I do not know about outdoor seating options when the weather is better..

A bit drafty where we sat.

• Visited January 2014