“Fantastic view, mediocre food, mediocre service.”
Review of Bridgewater Bistro

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I came with a group of 6, told it would be a 40 minute wait, we ordered cocktails to wait with, then were seated immediately. Tried to cancel the cocktail order- too late. We ordered small plates, salads and soups and the food was okay, the salads very uninspiring. For the price point we expected better. Obviously the prices reflect the view. Our server was uninformed about the menu and wine list and was rather snippy when asked questions.

WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I apologize for the confusion regarding your seating - my hostess did not realize that a group of 6 ahead of you decided to leave more quickly than we expected to get to another event. I would be happy to refund you the cost of the round of drinks you were unable to cancel if you will e-mail me (tony@bridgewaterbistro.com) directly. I will bring your comments regarding the food and service to the attention of our kitchen and dining room staffs for review

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here while traveling from Olympic National Park back to Portland. We stayed at the Cannery Pier Hotel and were within walking distance of the restaurant. We had to wait a few minutes for a window table, but it wasn't too long. I started with the peninsula cranberry salad and had two small plates as my meal: smoked tomato mac & cheese and roast pork tenderloin. My food was tasty and served at the right temperature. The glaze on the pork tenderloin was pretty sweet. My husband had the summer salmon which must have been good because it all disappeared. We each had a dessert, which was a small, nice-sized portion after our meal. Our only problem was that our server forgot to bring my husband's house salad and she took a LONG time to bring our check. She kept disappearing when we were ready to head back to the hotel to take in the sunset views. The first part of the meal was speedy, but the last part drug on and on. All in all, the food was good and the views were awesome.

I'm glad you enjoyed our food and ambience, but so sorry about the lapses in service. I have always stressed the major importance of greeting people immediately and providing them with their check as soon as they are done with my staff. I will post your review as a reminder of what happens when they don't! We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch during a day trip during the week so it wasn't very busy. The place is new and the furnishings and view are wonderful. The kitchen substituted pasta for risotto in the ratatouille without asking, and the person who ordered it can't eat pasta. We had ratatouille, a club sandwich and fish tacos. The tacos were a little light on fish and heavy on sauce. The ratatouille and sandwich were described as ok, but not great. The general consensus was that the food was fussy (odd sauces and combinations) without being being particularly good. The service was quick, attentive and cheerful.

WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the ambience and service at our restaurant, but sorry you did not enjoy our food as much. Your server should have informed you that we had run out of cous cous for your ratatouille and were substituting pasta (or, if preferred, rice or potatoes). I have brought your comments to the attention of both the kitchen and service staffs to prevent future similar issues. We have also reviewed the portion of fish in our tacos with our chef.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had two meals here - dinner one day and lunch the next. Both were good. Fish is done perfectly and the menu is imaginative but not large. The wine list is good. The view is fabulous; window tables are best, but the view can be seen from everywhere.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overlooking the water. The day was beautiful, the water was calm, the sun was out and we were on the patio watching the wildlife (herons, geese, cormorants, ducks, etc) it is a special location not far from the base of the big green bridge. The electric trolley drops you off right outside the entrance (if you want it to). We ate the cougar burger, Reuben sandwich, salmon sandwich with tempanade and you must try the Chet's grandmother's ratatouille recipe with polenta. All our food was delicious. We were not disappointed. What a great experience!