“Beautiful building. Total ripoff”
Review of Bridgewater Bistro

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The location and interior of this restaraunt were lovely. The service and food, not so much. I ordered an entree salad and when it arrived I asked the server if it was a side salad, as it was served on a petite salad plate. She stared me down , and answered me with a very curt, no. My husband had soup and sandwich combo. His was ok, but once again, the cup of soup was more like an espresso sized cup.
Would not recommend.

1  Thank timhil
WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I was sorry to read of your disappointing experience at our restaurant. I'm not sure why you were served an entrée salad on a small plate - they are usually served on a large glass plate and are ample in size. I can only surmise that the server misunderstood and served you a small side salad -- but that does not explain or excuse a curt response, nor the lack of an offer to correct the problem in some way, for which I apologize. I will bring your review to all of our servers' attention to learn from. Our soups are served in boat-shaped dishes that hold 8 oz. - it sounds like your husband's was not filled properly, for which I am also sorry, and will take steps to correct.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is located on the water and has a great view with floor to ceiling windows. The food is fantastic! I had a chicken pesto sandwich on rye with asiago cheese baked onto the outside of it -- so good! They have these muffins they bring out before every meal (ours were cranberry and walnut) and a lemon curd that is so good to put on them! The prices are reasonable, maybe a little higher than other places. They have a fire place and a glass floor cutout in front of it where you can see the water underneath the floor. They also have a piano player. We were there on a Sunday afternoon around 1:30 and were seated immediately. I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate here the first night we got into town with the recommendation of our Hotel who had called and got us reservations by the skin of our teeth as it was a very busy night and holiday weekend. Our food was wonderful and cooked to our specifications. Because it was Valentine's week they were still celebrating it and had a great additional menu to choose from. In fact our meal was so impressive that we went back on our last night in town and I must also add that not only again was the food just as good but also, again, the wait staff very attentive and wonderful. If we ever return we know exactly where to go for a great meal and service.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We looked forward to trying this restaurant, but were sadly disappointed by the terrible service. We stood at the desk for about five minutes; no one noticed us. Then, the host arrived and greeted us by saying, "No reservation?".
Our waitress never smiled once, forgot to bring us the basket of bread we asked for, and did not ask my husband if he'd like a second beer. It appears as though she hates her job.
As for the food, the onion soup was very good. The prices are high, and the service was so poor that we'll never go here again.

WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I was also surprised and disappointed to read of your negative experience of the service you received at our restaurant. As you can see by most of the other reviews on this site, this is not a usual reaction. I spend a considerable amount of time with our staff reinforcing the need for friendly, prompt and attentive service and will immediately bring your review to their attention. I apologize for our service team's lapses on the day you visited and hope you will give us another opportunity to give you a better experience at The Bridgewater

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Okay, it did start with a couple of bloody mary's! I had the rueben and loved it. The mrs had a hot seafood salad, very unique, and loved it. Beautiful setting looking out on the river. Highly recommend.