“Very nice”

Astoria Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, Idaho
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This place had a great atmosphere. The coffee is excellent. I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a pick me up.

• Visited August 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Best latte I've had in a while!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Came here with a friend for Sunday brunch, ate outside. Friendly service, best latte I've had in a while (had 2!), and good veggie omelette - omitting some ingredients I didn't want, adding others. I will be back!

Visited June 2014
“We loved it!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great hand-crafted coffee, great food. I had decaf coffee, hubby had a sugar-free mocha. We ordered the Cowboy Chow and a Monte Cristo sandwich (we were there for breakfast). Big portions (ask for a to-go box, you'll need it), freshly made, great flavor.

Vancouver, Washington
“It looked so cute...”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

But the food was a little strange.The corned beef hash we ordered was nothing like hash. The meat was in huge chunks, rubbery with no melding of the other flavors. The potatoes, too, were in huge chunks, nicely browned, with yellow and red bell pepper... but I've never had cottage fries served as hash. The two eggs on top were really nicely cooked, and the biscuit was yummy, obviously baked from scratch, as advertised. The fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice was very nice. If you go, try to eat outside, as there's more ambiance on the sidewalk than inside. And avoid the hash. If you like hash, this isn't hash. If you don't like hash, maybe you could try it for something really different. My advice? Stick with eggs and biscuits!

• Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Wonderful Find”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you want a good meal in Astoria and are tired of the brew pubs with so-so food, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed. It is very popular, for obvious reasons, so either be prepared to wait or try a not as popular time of day.

We arrived at about 2 pm and were able to get a seat immediately.

I ordered the fish tacos and was rewarded with a beautiful plate with two huge tacos, filled to the brim with goodness, and also some delicious rice with a second side of very well made beans. The seasoning on this plate was spot, from the tacos to rice and also the beans.

My husband ordered the ruben sandwich and was not disappointed by what he received. It was a nice thick looking sandwich, made with some very nice looking marble rye.

Our friend ordered the beet salad and said it was also very good. It was also visually appealing.

We ended our meal with some of their delicious coffee. I have to agree with others that it is worth going for, even if you don't plan on eating anything else.

This is now our favorite place to eat in Astoria and we will be back next time we visit.

• Visited July 2014