“A reason to move to Astoria”

Blue Scorcher Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Astoria
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Naples, Florida
“A reason to move to Astoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Blue Scorcher is a great bakery using the best ingredients and has some pastries that are both unique (in my experience) and superb. In addition, using all organic ingredients (local whenever possible), Scorcher also makes breakfast and lunch items that are just loaded with good taste. Daily there are pizza by the slice that are among my favorites; also the huge breakfast burrito and the daily soups are standouts. If the NY times ever did a 36 hours in Astoria, it could not fail to include Blue Scorcher, it just couldn't .

Visited June 2014

Vancouver, Washington
“A Detination Food & Coffee Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

After reading a recommendation of this bakery, I took the opportunity to visit Blue Scorcher while in Astoria. I went for the baked goods, and picked 5 different items to try. I have to say, I'm impressed on a few levels. Each of my choices was excellent: I started w: a potato nut cinnamon role, which looked good in the display, but exceeded my expectations in flavor & texture. I then sampled a chocolate cream filled puff, an oat cake, a garlic knot, & later, a brownie. I even ate toasted bread w/ butter. I am more than satisfied- my senses (sight, smell, taste, & feel) were delighted! I over-ate, to be sure but left an enthusiastic fan. I will certInly be back to try more treats at Blue Scorcher. Thank you, team!

• Visited July 2014
“Too sweet!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a mocha and blueberry cheese danish, so sweet I couldn't finish either one. If u like sugar thus is the place to go. If you like balanced flavor and good service go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locally sourced, fresh and healthy comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

The aroma of baked bread and fresh herbs greets you at the door - makes you feel like you're coming home. I had the beet salad with gorgonzola cheese and warm hazle nuts tossed with a tangy vinegarette - large and satisfying - one of the best salads I've ever had. The bread, especially the wheat tartine and the raisin bread, are just like Grandma used to make. The breakfast burrito is chock full of eggs, beans, cheese and other goodness that will hold you through a day of hiking or sightseeing. Comfortable atmosphere and friendly and attentive service makes you want to linger for a second or third cup of coffee and a fresh pastry- yhe bear claws are amazing. If you are looking for fresh, well made food and an inviting and comfortable atmosphere, this is the place to go. The Blue Scorcher is one of my new favorites!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jean J
“Feast for the eyes as well as the belly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had coffee and an amazing cardamom, almond pastry for breakfast. Great gathering place for locals as well as visitors. Always a favorite!

1 Thank kolbanans