“Don't leave without a loaf of sourdough!”

Blue Scorcher Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Astoria
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bend, Oregon
“Don't leave without a loaf of sourdough!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Discovered the Blue Scorcher at Astoria's Sunday Market when we picked up a couple of their tasty scones. When we went back for more later in the week, we were searching for a good sourdough to go with our homemade clam chowder. We were not disappointed! On the second return we tried the Asiago sourdough and ate the whole loaf in one sitting! It is divine!

• Visited June 2011

Belmont Shore California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch was a tasty treasure!”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Jim and I asked for a lunch suggestion at the Astoria Column (go see it !)...The very kind redhead @ the info/tourist office gave us several options,(even drawing us a map w/ all the choices) but really emphasized the Blue Scorcher. I am a vegetarian, my husband is not--but he likes GOOD, creative food. We were quite pleased w/ our 'find'. Local produce, including cheese, and so very delicious. I love soup but couldn't decide between the coconut curry lentil and the Spicy Mennonite Borscht---the girl at the counter suggested I try a sample of both. I couldn't resist the Tempeh Reuben and decided to wait on the soup. Good thing...The Reuben was huge, totally yummy and quite filling. BOTH the soups were divine...would order both in the future. Jim is quite the connoisseur of grilled cheese...Blue Scorcher did not disappoint. Both were garnished w/ field greens and an awesome quinoa salad on top. Thought the service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and upbeat. We decided to take some pastries w/ us instead of having dessert..had a difficult time deciding, all were wonderful (so was the sour dough loaf we had for breakfast the next day !) Fell totally in love w/ Astoria...In fact want to look for a house! Can't wait to return....and the memory of the Blue Scorcher will hasten our return----and we are from L.A. !!!

Corvallis, Oregon
“Wonderful Variety and Great Coffee”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I love the Blue Scorcher for it's amazing bread, great coffee and it's vegetarian fare. I'm not a vegetarian myself, but I like to have a nice healthy, local lunch and the Blue Scorcher is it!

Astoria, OR
“One of our favorite places in Astoria”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

If you’re looking for local and organic, look no farther than the Blue Scorcher in Astoria! With fabulous food, friendly staff, and an owner that goes above and beyond, the experience at the Blue Scorcher is first-rate. A gentleman, who we now know as the owner, often comes out as we’re finishing to ask how the food was and to “make sure we’ve had enough.” Nice! The weekend breakfasts are a special treat! Patrons are typically friendly and one never knows who he or she might end up conversing with… or you can always bring your laptop and take advantage of the free Wi-Fi. (Some might describe the place as, “a bit earthy,” but, if that’s your thing or you don’t mind… the Blue Scorcher is the best!)

Eugene, Oregon
“Not fast or cheap, but good”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We tried the bakery because the brewpub next door was closed for Labor Day. The menu is vegetarian, with lots of organic choices, which bumps up the price for the items, although I didn't think the prices were outrageous, maybe a dollar more than a conventional eatery. The grilled cheese is great. My husband and I split a pizza, which was good. Very charming atmosphere.