“Don't worry if you've never had Bosnian food - you'll love it!”

Drina Daisy Bosnian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We looked at Tripadvisor for a dinner suggestion in Astoria and this was #1. We had no idea what Bosnian food tasted like, but we're so glad we tried. Our traveling companions have Hungarian & Greek backgrounds, and they found familiar foods on the menu, if that helps you get an idea of the style of food. We had the famous roasted lamb... we all agreed it was absolutely the best we'd ever tried. One person in our party had the Goulash - it was mostly gigantic chunks of beef and it was also amazing. Each dish came with steamed veggies, a little salad and large slices of fruit. There were also thick slices of bread that looked great. (I have Celiac Disease and can't eat it - they accommodated my diet as well). You must try the Plum Brandy as an aperitif. However, the best thing about Drina Daisy are the owners Fordinka and Ken. They provided wonderful service and Fordinka (the chef) came and spoke to each table of patrons personally. She sent complimentary items to our table, like smoked meat and baklava. Ken was so friendly and gave great suggestions about wine parings and descriptions of the food. If we're ever in Astoria again, we will definitely return to Drina Daisy.

2  Thank Jabrie

Reviewed September 7, 2008

The Drina Daisy was a very nice Bosnian resturaunt . I heard about this resturaunt from a friend who is from Bosnia. I wanted to take my girl friend who is from Sarajevo to the Drina Daisy. So we went to Astoria and spent the weekend. So it was worth the drive from Bellevue Washington. It brought a big smile to my face knowing that I was able to enjoy Excellent food from Bosnia and my girl friend was able to meet the owener of the Drina Daisy and to be able to talk to her in her native language. If you go to Astoria you have to try the Drian Dasiy. I had the lamb and it was Excellent.

3  Thank ROBERTH57
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Fordinka, the cook, is from Bosnia. Ken, her husband, is the waiter. They are a delightful couple and the food, drinks and decor will transport you to a part of the world too few of us know much about. Ask a few questions and maybe you can coax Fordinka out of the kitchen to tell you a little of her backround. This is a cozy spot on a stretch of Commercial St. that's not as active as other parts so you could miss Drina Daisy if you don't know about it or aren't looking for it. Do seek it out. Try the sopska salad and any of the lamb or cabbage dishes. I'd love to import he ajvar, a puree of bell peppers and baked eggplant. We found this all over Sarajevo and Mostar when we were there a few years ago. Everything here is authentic! My favorite is the cherry dessert wine imported from Croatia.

3  Thank pwiser
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Drina Daisy has a great laid-back atmosphere, with very friendly service and a mixed tape of music from the homeland on endless repeat.

We ordered the lamb and were blown away. Some of the best food we've had anywhere.

My wife had some great Armenian pomegranate wine with dinner, while I indulged in a glass of slivovitz.

Finally, turkish coffee, the way it was introduced to Europe through Sarajevo.

A wonderful experience and highly recommended.

2  Thank schlaghans
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Great Bosnian food & a great time when you want something unique while dining out.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook