“Another excellent meal”

Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my 10th or 11th time eating at the Drina Daisy over the past several years. When ever I am in town on business, I try to eat here because I enjoy the food very much, and I can't find anything like this in Portland.

I had the lamb, and it was very good. To be honest, I have never had a bad meal at the Drina Daisy. I have had the lamb, beef stew, stuffed cabbage, goulash, soups, Turkish coffee, baklava, and more. I have enjoyed all of it. Sometimes the service is slower than I would like, but I have come to understand there is generally only 2 or 3 people working, so if a large group (or several small groups) come in....... the service will be slower. I don't mind, as it is worth the wait. I look forward to the next time I am in Astoria. You will find me eating dinner at the Drina Daisy.

3  Thank dlh57

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Foods from these above named countries, and regions of these areas vary from slightly to greatly. Many recipes date back to extended families and regionally grown foods which produce variations that until modern day communications were very isolated one from another.
Fordinka brings her traditions from her distinct region. One must spend time in Europe to become educated in this. Cultural shock to those underexposed Americans who believe world wide cuisine is Costco microwave magic plastic which voila now becomes a foodstuff. Or two weeks in Europe and become experts taking pictures from back of the bus as it leaves from brief toilet stop.
Astoria to have this offering not even available in large metropolitan areas is certainly a feather in our cap. Fordinkas offerings are prepared with love and hardworking one rarely finds today and especially in America! And in even Europe it has been found that prepared food instantly microwaved is so much more easier and profitable. How terribly disappointing!
How much longer these dear people can keep up the pace and perfection is a wonder. God be with them to give them the energy to endure! Many family owned ethnic restaraunts have met their demise throughout the u s as older hardworking folks have retired or died off and the offspring can make a living with less work and less dedication to those long tedious hours. Heart and soul served in every offering. How much easier to work at a Burger King slip the slop in a microwave served in paper. How fortunate to have the opportunity to have authentic Bosnian food and drink-
Right here in beautiful Astoria. Other small ethnic home made restaraunts also would be welcomed but don't bet the rent this work ethic is from another time and another culture. Come today for this authentic taste of this family from this region in Bosnia!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped on a Sunday for lunch. Busy day with Sunday market in Astoria, but found parking a block away. Had the cabbage roll with ground beef, okay. Came with small salad. Wife had goulash which also had small salad. Also bread with peppery spread. Nice small place. We plan to eat there again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

When lucky enough to eat here, we have always been tantalized with the offerings and sated when finished. From the breads, pickled veggies, Bosnian drinks, and generous portions of fresh fruit to the herbed beef and lamb, we feel like kings and queens in our own royal court. The baklava was the crowning glory. We'll be dreaming of this special food for months to come.

2  Thank bbbolt
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were unfamiliar with Bosnian food and were pleased to learn it features lamb, red wines, cabbage in all the wonderful Balkan/Slavic tradition. The service was a little uneven, so I suggest that you not visit if you are in a hurry. But if you re ready to relax and take your time, this place is a gem.

1  Thank Pepi25_11