“Delicious, authentic Bosnian cuisine”

Drina Daisy Bosnian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Delicious, authentic Bosnian cuisine”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

As someone who has had Bosnian food from previous travels in Bosnia and Herzegovina, this authentic menu is delicious. The chef and owner greeted us herself and explained the menu to us and offered suggestions. We were not charged for our little, picky eater who sampled food from the rest of us; in fact, she told us not to order a separate meal for the kiddo, which turned out to be great because there was so much food! We started the meal off with bread, dried meats, and a red pepper tapenade, which was tasty. For the main meal, I'm sad they didn't have cevapi, but I did try the burek, which was meat and onions wrapped in phyllo dough, with sour cream. This came with fresh salad and fruits. We saved room for dessert, and we had the baklava, which was sweet, lemony, crunchy, and mouth-watering. I'll definitely be coming back to Astoria...if for no other reason, to get to eat here again!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank K G

Mt. Vernon WA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Friendly service. Really wanted to like it! Appetizer of smoked sausage was great, but entrees were not done well. My goulas and husband's cabbage rolls looked identical--chunks of beef and veggies. His one cabbage roll was hidden underneath. I spooned about 4 tsps of grease from my beef before eating and trimmed lots of fat.

1 Thank EL_Grandma
Kentwood, Michigan
“Bosnian food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

How different is that? Have you had Bosnian food? It was very tasty (it is spicy). I had the beef stew: it had red pepper, green pepper, and onion for the vegetables -- but it was mostly a bowl of well-cooked, tender beef. You are served a small salad and a very large fruit salad (no need/no room for dessert). The host was very attentive and had a story for all the beers. He was funny and charming.

Visited September 2012
Lompoc, California
“A Bit of Bosnia in Astoria”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What a remarkable find this delightful place was! Since I love and seek our International food, I was really excited to find Drina Daisy on a recent Oregon Coast trip. Having no idea what Bosnian food is, we were more than pleasantly surprised. Th restaurant describes the cuising as "Euro-Mediterranean", and their secret family recipes are made fresh,from scratch no less, which is evident from the first delectabale forkful. I chose #11, "Burek". This is filo dough pastry wrapped around and intensely flavorful (but not too spicy) organic ground beef and onion mixture, then baked to heavenly crispness and served with sour cream and a lovely traditional salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber tossed with a delicate lemon vinaigrette. My husband chose #8, Stuffed Cabbage, made with risotto and the same organic beef, simmered in a red bell pepper and beef broth, also served with the same accompaniments. Their specialty seems to be a rotisserie roasted lamb which we saw many patrons enjoy. Both meals were $15.00 each, and the restaurant has an interesting seleciton of beer, wine and other drinks with an international flair. Don't miss the Bosnian style walnut baklava made on site.
This is truly an unparalled dining adventure in a pleasantly European-decorated restaurant, run by a Bosnian family who thankfully has shared their heritage and food in a little jewel of a must-visit establishment. Definitey 5 star food, service and ambience not to be missed if you are ever in Astoria, OR.
P.S. Open Thursday to Sunday only, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

• Visited August 2012
“The Luckiest Restaurant Find on Our Trip!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped off at Drina Daisy after a long drive down US-101 from Northwest Washington. We called ahead to see if they were still open and could seat us. They said they could and would see us soon.

We got there just after their closing time and their doors were locked, but after we knocked on their door, they were kind enough to seat us. That gives them one big plus in my book.

The restaurant is spotless while still feeling like home. The server and co-owner of the restaurant was friendly and chatty without ever being invasive.

Now, when it comes to the food, they are unparalleled by anyone in their price range (and unmatched by many far more expensive restaurants). If I recall correctly, we had appetizers and entrees, finished with a bill of just under $40 after tip, and had enough delicious lamb and chicken left over for lunch on our next day of driving.

If we ever pass through Astoria again, this is an absolute must-visit restaurant! I hope you give them a shot… I bet you will leave there feeling quite full and very happy.

2 Thank JRandorff