“great cuisine!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drina Daisy Bosnian Restaurant

Drina Daisy Bosnian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
seattle
“great cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

This winter, my boyfriend and I've enjoyed EXCELLENT Balkan cuisine in a place called Drina Daisy. As Serbian, I think I should be able to recognize good Balkan cuisine. And Drina Daisy is excellent. Great hospitality, delicious smoked meat for starters and sarma afterwards... That was the best meal we had on our 3 week long winter trip! You could say I'm sujbective, but my American boyfriend thought the same. Just give a try Balkan cuisine, and you'll love it. Food in Drina Daisy is real QUALITY food prepared with great care and love!

2 Thank nedadokic

Salem
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

This place is awesome! If you are looking for something out of the ordinary, this little restaurant is what you are looking for. The slow roasted lamb (occasionally goat) and other authentic entrées keep you coming back for more. Sometimes it can be quite busy, which keeps the owner-couple running, so I would recommend getting an early table and enjoying a splendid conversation with Ken or Fordinka. Great place to enjoy great food!

2 Thank Spyderclimber
Portland, OR
“I've never written a negative review before”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

Oh god, it was TERRIBLE. We decided to go here, thinking, well how often do you get to have Bosnian food?

We were seated in a fairly empty restaurant. 20 minutes later (literally), the lone server brought some water and menus over, but left before we could order drinks. Another (seriously) 20 minutes went by before he returned to take our order. We ordered a couple drinks (wine & beer) and it was another 15 minutes before we got those. We then ordered. 1 appetizer and we opted to split the lamb. 30 minutes later, both came out at the same time. Nice. The red pepper/eggplant dip was good, but the sausage was merely a piece of sliced salami. The $25.00 lamb dish was a pile of lamb bones. I'm not kidding - it was the bones, with very little of the meat left on them. I cook lamb a lot, and it was obvious that they'd probably run out of meat over the weekend and had begun stripping the lamb off the bone, putting it in the stews, and selling the leftover bones as the regular entree.

I had my back to the rest of the restaurant, but my husband told me afterwards that several couples were seated, sat for 20 minutes without getting their order taken and then got up and left. Needless to say, we headed elsewhere for dessert.

8 Thank dr_MPortland_OR
Vancouver, WA
“No 1 Recomended in Astoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

Drina Daisy is a small place where you can feel welcomed. The service and food were very unique. Music in the background makes the atmosfere so nice and so warm. For a minute you can forget where you are at, and make youself feel like you are in Europe. I was pleasently surprised with everything. The place is very clean. Prices are good and in general i was very happy ti find place where i can relax.

2 Thank sunshine2244
Oregon
“Excellent Bosnian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

The owner/server was very friendly and discussed Bosnia and food with us. Very unique food here, with soda from Yugoslavia, and interesting tea, served uniquely with a wafer of sugar, the tea and water to cleanse your palette.

The atmosphere is airy but interesting. They play authentic music and have all Bosnian food there.
We had a salad of sorts, a beef dish and their phyllo dough layered dessert. YUM!

Affordable, and not busy. I think it is in a poor location, not right near the other great restaurants, so send him/them your business.

4 Thank Rivergallery