“Wonderful Saturday Afternoon”

Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch and Dinner Children's Menu Brewery on site Casual family dining on the waterfront Large Parties & Events with pre-arrangements
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been to the Wet Dog Cafe/Astoria Brewery several times, most recently in April 2013. It was a Saturday afternoon, and my husband and I chose to sit at the bar. Service was just perfect at the bar. We noticed multiple large parties showed up while we were there, and it seemed they all were seated and served in a timely fashion. My husband noted that some of the big groups were even in and out before we were (as we were lingering, sampling, and writing postcards). The beer was also very good - we particularly liked the Solar IPA. I tried a sampler, and was surprised by the strawberry themed brew - very nice compliment to the porter and stout samples. The menu has a great variety and lots of options that include vegetarian versions. My only suggestion would be a better bun - one that can hold up better (maybe something made with beer ingredients?). We'll be back as we've always had good food, good service, and a good time here.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by the Wet Dog in hopes of trying some local beers on our way through Astoria.

As soon as I walked in I got the feeling this was a pretty crappy place and something kept yelling "turn around and leave!" I should have listened.

The beer was ok. Nothing that really stands out. But what really makes this place awful was the utter lack of service.

We ordered some chowder and upon getting our lukewarm garbage in a bowl, my friend asked for some bread. Now a sane person would know that one likes to eat their bread with soup. Not polish off a bowl of nasty chowder and then pile down a mini-loaf of bread for desert.

After waiting 10 minutes just for the bread, I decided enough was enough. I told the manager we wanted to pay for our chowder and beer sampler and be on our way. The only thing decent about this place was the manager. Very polite and very professional.

However, the old bag of a waitress we had was a different story. She was rude and even had the gall to argue with me over her complete and utter lack of customer service ability. She even got a snotty tone when I told her the reason we were leaving was the pi$$ poor service. She proceeded to be argumentative and unapologetic until the manager came back out. Next thing you know she was all "sorry this and sorry that". I truly hope management reads this and watches that old bag's true customer interactions.

To make a long story short, this place sucks. Go to Ft. George if you want some great beer, better service and some good food.

I wouldn't even let my dog eat at the Wet Dog Cafe aka the dump by the pier.

3  Thank HoodRiverHoncho
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to the wet dog last saturday afternoon for a late lunch. The husband enjoyed trying the beer sampler tray. We shared a bowl of chowder which was some of the best i've ever had, would return just for that. Husband had steak and oysters, the steak was ok we usually only eat rib eye so anything else is bland for us, but he loved the oysters. I ordered the steak and prawns, the prawns were fabulous! the meals came with slaw which was also very tasty. the only bummer was no mashed potatoes b4 five so had to have the fries! Our server was very friendly and knowlegible on the brew! we bought a to go jug to take back to the room! Very nice view of the river even when not seated next to the window! there is a gift shop to buy shirts hats ect as well.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was good and prices were average to slightly above average. The beer selection was good but $4 per glass makes for a larger overall tab. I was with a group and they add a healthy mandatory tip. The overall place is slightly run down...meaning well used but not dirty

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok, I'm probably biased as this was one of the first places I went the first time I visited Astoria, but I think Wet Dog is one of the best eating establishments in Astoria! Great beer (IPA), great food (any hamburger), friendly staff and great t-shirts sweatshirts, hats and bags with their wet dog logo or any of their beer logo's! It's a must visit the next time you're in town!!