“Still waiting for a glass of water”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #19 of 99 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Still waiting for a glass of water”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were seated by one of the waiters and that was it...no one came by to even bring us any water or give us a menu, we waited about 15 minutes by the way. Horrible service, lousy looking food-from what I saw on others' plates. Oh, did I mention that the service is crap? Would never, ever go back there

1 Thank nataliah86

Seattle, Washington
“Uninspiring but OK”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had an OK meal here during an overnight stay in Astoria last June. We were heading to the outdoor seating area until we noticed the spiderwebs under some of the tables and opted for sitting inside. Positives were the great view, good staff and very good drinks. Unfortunately the meal itself was kind of bland and uninspired. They focus on fish so the menu isn't very extensive but the food was also not what we were hoping for. I cant say anything was bad, just nothing special.

• Visited June 2013
Oregon
“Meh...”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The decor was very outdated, and the building appeared to be not very sturdy. Every time someone walked by, the entire table would shake. I ordered the halibut fish and chips half plate was good, but nothing special in my opinion. Along with his meal, my boyfriend ordered a beer. I noticed that the cardboard coaster (the style many restaurants use) that they brought him had a coffee ring stain on it. Obviously, it was saved from another diner rather than being thrown away. Really gross in my opinion. If they're willing to reuse throwaway items, what other questionable practices do they have?

Bottom line: would I return? Probably not.

Vancouver, Washington
“Convenient Parking, friendly service, good food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were greeted warmly and seated right away for lunch. Service was quick, our soup and salad not finished yet when the meals came! The chowder was really good, the fish and chips excellent. Wish we had room for pie as it sounded so good!

Portland, Oregon
“A must when I am in Astoria”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Best fish and chips. I have been dreaming about the scallops since I first came 4 years ago. Fried moist yumminess. :D