“Great Fish and Chips”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Portland, Oregon
“Great Fish and Chips”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A great little place that clearly has the ''flavor'' of a small town seafood bar. The food was very good and the service was excellent!

Visited August 2012

Seattle
“Decent value.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Ordered Shepard's Pie. It was OK. Best value was the fish, according to others. Needs remodeling. Nice view from the back.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best fish and chips Ive had”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stopped her for lunch on our way down the shore. I think it was probably the best meal of our vacation. It is a small local restaurant that sits on the water. My husband ordered the fish and chips (cod) and I had the shrimp as well as a salad. I hate fish. Think it tastes awful. But this fish was so fresh that I actually enjoyed it and would order it again! My shrimp were delicious. I wish I had saved room for their homemade pies. They looked fantastic. You can't go wrong with this place. A nice little local seafood joint that also had some good English food choice (I want to go back to try the bangers and mash).

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Waterfront Dining”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A very nice locally owned restaurant specializing in fish and chips and was recommended by a local. We visited during peak tourist season and time (noon). We had to wait just a few minutes to be seated. The service was good though a bit short handed. The fish and chips were a little disappointing in the lack of taste in the breading an lack of crispiness but the fish was fresh and very good. Be sure to wave to the trolley car passengers as they pass by. Astoria is a fascinating place to visit and we will return.

• Visited August 2012
Lopez Island
“Enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good fish and chips, good view, dated building w/ a good feeling of the old days. Small, seems to have regulars... not just a glossy pitstop or chain restaurant on the way through Astoria to points southwest.

• Visited July 2012