“Amazing view, amazing hotel, amazing deal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cannery Pier Hotel

Cannery Pier Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaver Bay, Minnesota
“Amazing view, amazing hotel, amazing deal.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is our second stay here and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Every room has a river view, fireplace, claw foot tub and very clean. Every night there is a free wine and appetizer reception and every morning there is a free buffet breakfast. They also offer free car service to the local restaurants in town-- ours via a 1952 Cadillac! The service is wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Rooms are large and well designed with a gas fireplace, balcony, and both bath tub and shower. Great view of Columbia River and passing ship traffic as well as the high bridge across the river to Washington. Evening appetizers along with wine are free and delicious; take them back to the room and enjoy the view. A great place to use as a base for exploring an interesting old port city located along one of our country's great rivers. Lewis and Clark wintered nearby in the early 1800's; see the national park with a reproduction of their quarters.There is also a riverfront walk (and bike path) extending for several miles upriver from the hotel. The room rate was a higher than other choices, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the river.
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked for a corner suite at the CPH in December. I loved the hotel – there were areas of the room that sparkled (the bathtub was either new or one of the cleanest that I’ve ever come across)...the cleaning staff is doing a fabulous job! The view of the ships passing through is amazing and I even found it hard to fall asleep as I didn’t want to miss anything. The only niggly thing was the bedding was average at best but on the plus side the bed itself provided just the right support.

I want to absolutely love the CPH so much but honestly I didn’t find the customer service to be exceptional but perhaps it was simply the person assisting us. Of the places on our trip the check in here was slow and left me with an impression of disorganization and wasn’t that friendly. We’re pretty easy going and are just looking for an efficient check-in/checkout and to feel welcome to the premise and community. In Seattle the person immediately started using our name, smiled, was helpful (added that if we needed anything to let her know and had enthusiasm (I recall her saying that our room is a favorite and has a exceptional view...which struck me as someone who is proud to be working in that hotel (I asked some directions about a half hour later and she still referred to me by name). This was a much larger hotel then CPH yet it seemed more personal. Even on checkout both the Seattle and Cannon Beach hotel front desk staff asked if there was anything to improve the stay and also emailed a survey…not the case with CPH. The one staff member who shined (aside from housekeeping) was the person organizing the breakfast buffet. She was very friendly, professional and kept the buffet area tidy.

Although it could be said that all rooms have great views, I tend to phone hotels in advance and ask for a room on a higher floor to minimize the chances of hearing people above. The person indicated that they couldn’t guarantee a floor or room. I asked for a note to be added to the file but felt that I was rolling the dice on which corner suite I would get which at $325/$350 a night makes me want to just extend my stay in a place I can guaranteed a floor or room. That said, the views are amazing and definitely makes the hotel special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WA
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay here after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. The room and view were amazing. Would prefer a hot breakfast on site instead of continental given the room rate. Otherwise superior. The other reviewers were spot on.

• Stayed December 2012
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited Astoria and stayed two nights at the Cannery Pier Hotel with my daughter. She is from Portland and I am from Upstate NY. This hotel was amazing! The view of the River and Bridge were surreal. The shipping vessels that passed seemed magical out our window and so close! The room itself was exceptional. I can not find anything negative to say about it! The hotel staff was very accomodating. The wine, cheese and salmon hour for free was a great and classy touch. We both had a SPA treatment and were pampered. We also used the FREE car service in their antique autos to go to dinner and although we stayed at the Fort George Brewery past their service time a cab was called and promptly arrived and to top it off the hotel staff came out and payed the cab fare!!! We would love to stay here again anytime!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boring, Oregon, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Worth the price! My wife and I spent a few days here for an anniversary. From the view, to the rooms, service, and the cool old car that will take you to dinner, it is a wonderful experience.

It's not common to see exceptional professional cleaning services. Since this was an anniversary, and we appreciate good wine, I brought both a bottle of champagne and a good bottle of red wine. After our first night, we headed out to explore the town. When we returned, we found our candles set around the tub and a wine bottle opener next to the Ironstone Cab. The was a very special touch that was unexpected and appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Boring97009
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent one night here and loved it. We stayed in a corner suite with its own sitting room and a fantastic view of the Columbia River: birds, seals, sea lions and huge ships came and went. The Inn provided a nice continental breakfast in the morning. We will be returning soon and often as it is a quick two hour escape from our home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
The Ocean Lodge
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
#8 of 14 in Astoria

Been to Cannery Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!