“Best Oyster Stew since I was a kid!”

Silver Salmon Grille
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We decided to make our main meal of the day a late lunch and so came in around 1:30. The restaurant was quite charming and the servers very pleasant. Our server, Kyle was very knowledgable about the food as well as the wine. I asked him to describe the oyster stew and within a second or two I could tell by the look on his face that he was not an oyster fan! So I asked him instead what ingredients besides oysters were in it and he knew every single one of them by heart! So I ordered it and was so pleasantly surprised that it was definitely the best I had had in a very long time. When he asked me how I liked it I told him that and he came back in a few minutes with the recipe hand-printed out by the chef! I have since made it and it is amazing. Next time we are in Astoria we will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a fine place to eat - nothing special but fine, and you get a lot of food for your money. I ordered a seafood salad that was huge and would have appreciated more quality and less quantity. The atmosphere is pleasant as was the wait staff. If I find myself back in Astoria, I will try somewhere else, but if I was with people who wanted to go here, I'd go along.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We never made it into the restaurant;as the happy hour in the lounge was outstanding. Drink specials every night til 6:30 and then the appetizers (which for us turned into a dinner) were only $4.25 each. Bar-qu open face sandwich with Carmelized onions was amazing/hubby thought his crispy chicken sandwich was better/either is highly recommended
Clean restrooms
Great town; glad we used trip advisor!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here and had a relaxed dining experience. However it was noted that we (as a family of 6 with 3 children 10 and under) were placed in the cold, slightly musty smelling separate dining area on our own rather than with the other customers! That said, we were served well and the food was good but I did feel that we were rather second class that night!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

When in Astoria we always dine here. The food is excellent no matter what we order (clam chowder is wonderful), moderately priced, but it is such a nice place if you want a change from the usual. They say it is "casual fine dining" which is exactly on target.