“Just OK food”
Review of Baked Alaska

Baked Alaska
Ranked #17 of 109 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Baked Alaska Restaurant, Lounge and Pizzeria is a dining destination while visiting Astoria, OR. Our Main Dining Room features sweeping views of the Columbia River, our Lounge offers 10 taps with specialty craft beers, plus an extensive wine list featuring Oregon and Washington wines. We also hand crafted cocktails using Oregon distilled spirits. If you are looking for a fun family atmosphere, look no further than the Baked Pizzeria featuring Artisan style pizza right from our 800 degree brick oven. We also have a private waterfront dining room which can seat up to 30 guests, or have your special event catered off site with our custom catering services. Baked Alaska, the only thing we overlook is the Columbia River!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We chose to eat in the lounge since the regular restaurant was crowded and after 5 minutes with no one ahead of us we still hadn't been seated. My husband's pizza was ok. I was disappointed in my crab cakes as I was hoping for hunks of Dungeness crab but got some finely minced crab meat instead.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Don't even bother asking around for the best place to eat in Astoria. This is it. Between the wonderful wait staff, diverse menu choices and the amazing views you can't go wrong. I had the Kobe hamburger with cheese and jalapeno jam which came as an entree. I was blown away by the amazing taste. So much so that I returned for dinner the next night and ordered the same thing. I'm giving only 4 stars because the second night the burger was different. Lettuce and tomato were added, which didn't fit with this dish. Also, too much jam which over powered the meat itself. I'm all for different chefs displaying their individuality but that first burger was perfection and shouldn't have been altered one bit. I'll probably drive the hour and a half to eat here again. Just don't change the burger!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just visited their new addition of a pizza kitchen...we always enjoy their restaurant...but the pizza kitchen was another great experience there...their special was a grilled chicken caesar pizza...so wonderful and at a happy hour price of $5.00 you can't beat it...everything there is great...and we love the family feeling...

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The dinner my wife and I had was excellent in quality. Their drink menu made it hard to select which unique cocktail to order. The restaurant is right on the Columbia River, so request a table at or near a window. The large freighters are a true delight to watch pass by while enjoying dinner and drinks.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had (1) a great view in (2) a clean restaurant with excellent service. The wait staff and hostess were great. The only thing in need of improvement was (3)the food.

The clam chowder was average. The cheese plate appetizer had 3 different kinds of cheese. One of the three was very thinly sliced and dried out. The cheddar was excellent. The garlic fries were a little overcooked and did not taste very much like garlic. Finally, no bread is served with clam chowder--only chowder crackers.

If the food had been better, the restaurant would have received an excellent rating. If one is dining out only to have excellent food, there may be better choices in town. We wanted the view, so we settled.