“Great food and great prices”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Food is good, never had anything I didn't like, the staff are friendly and helpful. If you have a small appetite take leftovers home they are great later, if not invite a friend and split a meal.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Their food is really, really good. It is good and you get so much of it that you could really share a plate. You will not go hungry. We go here every time we go to Astoria. The soup is delicious. The crab puffs are my favorites. We also love the almonds with fried chicken and the chicken with green beans. I must say though, that it is all good.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an old Chinese restaurant in an old Oregon town. Chinese people played a huge role in the early days of Astoria -- they truly did help to chart the history of the town. The food here isn't fancy -- what you'd typically expect to find in a "Szechwan/Cantonese/American" family restaurant. I do think the chef's skill with flavorings is way above average -- and, if you want hot, they will give you HOT!!
Honestly, the prices here can't be beat. I don't know why they still offer an enormous plate of food for $5.95 at lunch. My husband and I eat here regularly, and then we do another stir-fry meal at home with the mountain of leftover rice.
The service is nice, but sometimes there is a considerable language (which is quite charming, in my opinion). I hope they keep this old place going for a lot of years to come!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

this restaurant has the BEST crab puffs in the world. I had their beef and broccoli one time too and it was very good. They're pot stickers are also AMAZING. Every time we are going to the beach we make sure to stop by here.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went back just to see if our first visit had caught the relief cook. Schezwuan beef consisted of tough beef strips battered and fried and then coated with a tarry, semi-sweet sauce. It was totally unlike the tender beef with a light, piquant, spicy sauce as we became accustomed to elsewhere. The cream cheese in the crab puffs might have rubbed up against crab meat during preparation, but no marriage was made and hence the puffs were devoid of crab flakes. Good onion seasoning and dip sauce, however. But it just was not crabby which is disappointing as Astoria is a hub of Dungeness crab fishing. Pork fried rice was also disappointing - a generous portion but without much pork, green onion, or egg and overly sticky. Waitress very hard to understand but attentive.